Senior Product Manager, Health
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers its members to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We’re seeking an experienced and passionate Senior Product Manager to join our dynamic product team to achieve this mission. The ideal candidate will have a passion for health insights and can cut through complexity to deliver delightful and informative user experiences. The ideal member will understand how to navigate regulated environments and has some experience in health, whether in exercise physiology, women’s health, nutrition, mental health, and/or clinical product development. You will play a critical role in shaping the future of how WHOOP helps members understand and improve their health.
- Product Strategy: Define and drive the health product strategy in alignment with the overall product and business goals. Identify opportunities to give members unprecedented visibility into their own health.
- Product Roadmap: Contribute to creating and maintaining the health product roadmap, prioritizing new metrics/features and improvements based on business impact and member value.
- Health Feature Development: Lead the end-to-end product development lifecycle for health-related features, from ideation and requirements gathering to design, development, testing, and launch. Obsess about delivering the best member experiences.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including data scientists, clinical and regulatory managers, engineers, designers, and marketers, to ensure the successful development and launch of health metrics and features.
- Data-driven Decision Making: Utilize data analytics and insights to make informed decisions and continuously improve health-related features. Monitor key performance metrics and iterate based on user feedback and data analysis.
- Health Ethics and Compliance: Ensure that health features adhere to ethical guidelines and compliance requirements.
- Market Analysis: Stay informed about health tech trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies to identify opportunities for innovation and differentiation. Have a strong point of view on where the world is going and what is relevant for WHOOP.
- Proven experience as a Product Manager with a track record of successful launches, ideally in the consumer space. Bonus points for doing so in a regulated environment
- Strong understanding of health product concepts, including software as a medical device (SaMD) and clinical validation
- Subject matter expertise in at least one of the following areas: exercise physiology, sleep health, women’s health, nutrition, mental health
- Strong point of view on best practices for effectively educating and/or coaching on complex health topics
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical skills, and problem-solving abilities, with a data-driven and member-centric mindset.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with the ability to think creatively, take calculated risks, and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex concepts and ideas in a clear and concise manner and to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Passion for health, fitness, and wellness, and a strong alignment with the WHOOP mission and values.
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.