Business Analytics Manager (Product)
Product, Data Science
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, February 7, 2024
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
We are hiring an analytics manager to partner closely with our Product team, providing thoughtful insight into how WHOOP members engage with the core product and driving strategic recommendations on the product roadmap. We are looking for an individual who can be fluent in data, driven by product thinking and is looking to deeply understand and tackle complex analytics challenges. This person should feel empowered to foster their own curiosity and raise support for ideas that meaningfully impact the WHOOP member experience. Ultimately this person should feel comfortable getting their hands dirty as a player-coach, leading and developing analysts alongside their own work-streams.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the Product team, as well as additional cross functional partners in Strategic Finance, Growth, Marketing and Software, to drive iterative testing, quantify impact for key member touchpoints, and identify new sources of value for our members.
- Discuss how our members are using WHOOP through data-driven analysis with a combination of KPI reporting, ad-hoc analyses, and proactive insight generation, communicating to appropriate stakeholders including leadership.
- Generate and drive the strategic analytic roadmap to unlock insights about our members, how they are using the product and guide our product team with action-oriented recommendations.
- Build scalable processes, proactively identifying and implementing methods to benefit the analytics team as well as key stakeholders to enable data-driven decision-making.
- Design and develop tests, analyses, and models of our entire customer journey, dissecting different customer segments to understand complex business decisions and create strategies in order to drive retention and growth.
- Collaborate with a high-performance team in a start-up environment, providing thought leadership to identify the most impactful ways to drive decisions and improve retention.
- 6+ years of experience in a deeply strategic/analytical role, including partnership with product teams.
- A self-serve player-coach; able to take broad business questions, wrangle appropriate data, quickly isolate and model key insights, visualize results and communicate actionable recommendations.
- Strong storytelling skills – able to create compelling and concise presentations that convey actionable solutions to complex, ambiguous problems.
- Demonstrated success in influencing senior stakeholders and leadership on strategic direction based on analytical recommendations.
- Experience and knowledge running experiments (e.g. A/B testing) and working with development teams
- Advanced skills in SQL and understanding of ELT (dbt) and data warehousing (Snowflake) structures, as well as data visualization (eg. Looker, Tableau, Hex)
- Experience leading and developing a team, including driving large projects.
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.