A/V Editor, Brand
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Monday, November 27, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
As an A/V Editor, Brand at WHOOP, you’ll be responsible for supporting the WHOOP podcast including pre-production set up, recording, editing, organizing, distributing, and optimizing all audio and visual files associated with each week’s episode. Additionally, you’ll partner with our social media channel managers to create cutting-edge content to market the podcast on social media, and to create assets for our other Marketing channels working closely with our Video Managers and Editors. This role works closely with some of our most high profile internal and external talent.
- Manage and optimize both in-person and remote A/V set ups
- Set up and break down equipment on location for podcast and video shoots, and perform all sound checks
- Prepare recordings to be assembled into engaging, smart episodes
- Assist in editing promotional video assets optimized for social channels, including video editing and light motion graphics editing (or consulting with our internal team)
- Support on-set production (for podcast and for other video content), capturing audio and/or assisting with general production needs
- Partner with in-house social media team to create thumb-stopping content to improve the podcast’s performance and discoverability across all social platforms
- Stay up to date on emerging social media trends, new platforms, and new technologies
- Elevate and improve our sound capture and promotional process
- Engage and respond to listeners who call in or email to our podcast line
- Research a diverse range of prospective guests across the fitness, tech, business, sport & health industries
- Assist in preparing show and briefs for all episodes
- Research and influence production value improvement or investment opportunities
- Operate under a high-growth mindset, knowing the goal is to rapidly increase awareness of the podcast & brand
- 2+ years experience in podcast, video, or other audio/visual production
- Proficiency in the Adobe Suite
- Utmost professionalism with top-tier executives and talent
- Strong writing, communication, and storytelling skills
- Highly organized and thoughtful about file and content management
- Avid podcast consumer with familiarity across genres and styles
- Is up to date on current AV trends, content styles, tools, & platforms
- Is comfortable with fast-paced deadlines
- Knowledge and passion for health and fitness a plus
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.