Software Engineer II (Backend, Cybersecurity)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, July 21, 2023
At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers people to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives. We handle massive amounts of data continuously streaming up to the cloud collected from the world’s greatest sports teams and athletes mandating a fault-tolerant and highly available product. With such sensitive data we carry an immense responsibility to securely manage our members’ data.
Our Cybersecurity team is located within the Infrastructure organization. Our work is at the intersection of security, developer experience and product development. We are responsible for building foundational software services and libraries that enable our backend engineers to develop applications securely. We provide cybersecurity for existing applications as well as enable new business possibilities by getting security requirements met ahead of engineering.
A successful candidate for this position should have experience in software engineering as well as a background in cybersecurity.
- Work in a cross functional team that works closely with Software, Product, IT and Legal
- Create and own systems that enables engineers to seamless access data and services while monitoring and alerting appropriately
- Build automation around security controls and audit systems
- Write common code for data sanitization, authentication, and authorization
- 2+ years of experience in cybersecurity - we are open to a diverse set of backgrounds
- You are experienced with backend development for APIs and background workers - Java
- You are experienced with utilizing relational databases - Postgres
- You are experienced working with cloud providers, preferably AWS
- You are excited to dive deep into challenges that extend past building applications and into infrastructure
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You thrive in a fast paced and data driven environment
- You are a team player who thrives on continuous learning and direct feedback
WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE:
- You have participated in a Bug Bounty program (either triaging bugs or submitting bugs)
- You have experience with observability tools for alarming, diagnostic and forensic use cases
- You have experience with AWS IAM
- You have experience with Policy As Code
- You have experience with compliance
Find out more about us: "WHOOP Software Principles"
This role is based in the WHOOP office located in Boston, MA. The successful candidate must be prepared to relocate if necessary to work out of the Boston, MA office.
Interested in the role, but don’t meet every qualification? We encourage you to still apply! At WHOOP, we believe there is much more to a candidate than what is written on paper, and we value character as much as experience. As we continue to build a diverse and inclusive environment, we encourage anyone who is interested in this role to apply.
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility