Two Sigma Ventures Associate
Two Sigma Ventures
Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital. Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world's most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Ventures (TSV) is the venture capital business of Two Sigma Investments, investing in early-stage, data-driven startups that are leveraging advanced technology, data science, and ML / AI across many industry verticals to solve big problems. We began investing in 2012, and are currently based in New York City and San Francisco. Since our founding, we have invested in companies such as Remote, Flatfile, GitLab, Recursion, Insitro, Carbon Health, Whoop and Wealthsimple that are solving problems across fintech, healthcare, enterprise SaaS, and infrastructure. To read more about our portfolio, you can visit our website.
We are one of the few venture capital groups that can tap into such a strong and deep group of technical experts to aid in technical and data science support. TSV is seeking an Investment Associate to be a hands-on contributor to all aspects of our investment process. If you are passionate about joining a fast-paced, diverse team, we would love to meet you!
You will take on the following responsibilities:
- Exposure to a broad set of companies in multiple industries, from a highly active and outward-facing role in the exciting venture community
- Joining a small team and receiving significant responsibility and experience early in a venture investing career
- Working with the TSV team, and many other groups within Two Sigma, in all parts of the investment process, including sourcing, company evaluation, structuring, negotiation and ongoing portfolio support and management
You should possess the following qualifications:
- 2 - 5 years proven experience evaluating market structure, competitive dynamics, and company financial performance at a leading venture capital fund; or experience in a product management or engineering role at a technology company
- Passion for technology and science as evidenced by professional or academic accomplishments in computer science, engineering, math, design or another technical field
- Track record of academic success including a bachelor’s degree
- Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivation and a strong work ethic
- A desire to work in a creative, imaginative, future-focused setting
You will enjoy the following benefits:
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship
- Time Off: Generous vacation, sick days, and paid caregiver leaves
The base pay for this role will be between $100,000 and $175,000. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation and benefits, such as a discretionary bonus, health, dental and other wellness plans and 401(k) contributions. Discretionary bonus can be a significant portion of total compensation. Actual compensation for successful candidates will be carefully determined based on a number of factors, including their skills, qualifications and experience.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics