Account Executive (New York City)
Senior Account Executive - New York City, NY
Timescale powers the next wave of computing, and we are enabling our customers to build innovative, data-centric applications powered by Timescale. As a Commercial Account Executive, you will interact directly with customers, answer questions, provide information, and build connections with them.
What you will do
In this role, you will be at the forefront of closing deals and providing solutions in our growing database market. You can make a meaningful impact by helping organizations harness the power of data for better decision-making, improved operations, and innovation. You will manage complex sales relationships with critical customers and effectively communicate the value of Timescale. As the company and industry expand, we see our high-growth market as an opportunity for significant sales and career advancement.
We are hiring for two Senior Account Executive roles. Although Timescale is primarily a remote organization, we anticipate one role to be hybrid in-office in San Francisco, CA and the other to be hybrid in-office in New York City, NY.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Focus on closing Sales Qualified Leads (SQL) from the marketing team.
- Providing mentorship to AEs and BDRs
- Qualify leads based on their challenges and alignment with our product suite.
- Strategically prospect into CTOs, Engineering Leads, and Technical End Users.
- Manage the full sales cycle.
- Leverage resources such as Sales Engineers and Data Architects effectively.
- Guide relevant stakeholders through the sales process to close.
A little bit about you
You are a top performer with a proven track record, and you know that your success directly depends on your customers' success. You always put the customer's best interests first while managing complex sales engagements and effectively leveraging resources to ensure success. You are hungry, resilient, curious, driven, and humble in your pursuit of excellence. You aren’t afraid to speak up and identify problem areas or share your ideas, and you want to be a part of the solution! You thrive in a bold startup environment and can balance competing priorities with ease 🙌.
You also have:
- 6+ years of experience in a closing sales role
- Technical background with an in-depth understanding of database technology
- Experience with modern sales software. (Salesforce, Outreach, etc.)
- Base Salary Range $100,000 - $125,000 depending on experience
- Total Compensation estimate (OTE): $200,000 - $250,000 (uncapped)
By applying for this position, you are agreeing to Timescale's Applicant Privacy Notice.