Technical Account Executive- Database (United States)
What you will do
In this role, you will be a founding member of the Sales team that will profoundly impact the company's growth. You will be at the forefront of closing deals and providing solutions aligned with our customer’s challenges. You will manage complex sales relationships with critical customers and effectively communicate the value of Timescale. Timescale is dedicated to furthering personal development and team success.
As a Commercial Account Executive at Timescale🐯, you will interact directly with customers, answer questions, provide information, and build connections with them.
This role is a remote opportunity with candidates ideally located on the West Coast in the United States, and English language fluency is required.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Focus on closing Sales Qualified Leads (SQL) from the marketing team.
- Qualify leads based on their challenges and alignment with our product suite.
- Strategically prospect into CTOs, Engineering Leads, and Technical End Users.
- Manage the full sales cycle.
- Leverage resources such as Sales Engineers and Data Architects effectively.
- Guide relevant stakeholders through the sales process to close.
A little bit about you
You are a top performer with a proven track record, and you know that your success directly depends on your customers' success. You always put the customer's best interests first while managing complex sales engagements and effectively leveraging resources to ensure success. You are hungry, resilient, curious, driven, and humble in your pursuit of excellence. You aren’t afraid to speak up and identify problem areas or share your ideas, and you want to be a part of the solution! You thrive in a bold startup environment and can balance competing priorities with ease 🙌.
You also have:
- 2-5 years experience in a closing sales role
- Technical background, with a basic understanding of infrastructure and the SAAS industry in general.
- Have experience working in Salesforce and other software tools, including Outreach, Zoom, Grafana, etc.
- Excellent communication (interpersonal and presentation) and closing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
- Motivated, hungry, curious, and driven as a sales executive.
- Experience with modern sales software. (Salesforce, Outreach, etc.)