Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll design, implement and operate the core infrastructure and tooling used by our technology teams.
What You'll Do
- Work alongside the other engineering teams at Theorem to build software that manages our infrastructure in as streamlined, automated, and reliable manner as possible.
- Support other engineers with building out new infrastructure to support their software in a way that enables them to be as self-sufficient as possible.
- Further our core infra team’s goal of enabling self-service infrastructure. We don’t want to be an operations team, we want to be an infrastructure and operations engineering team to make the act of building, deploying and running systems as easy and reliable as possible for the rest of the company.
Projects You May Get to Work On
- Core Infrastructure
- Complete codification of all AWS and Kubernetes infrastructure using GitOps practices
- Build out support for workload-specific Kubernetes clusters; make creating new clusters easy and streamlined for other engineers in Theorem
- Creation of a cost allocation dashboard that associates cloud costs to business programs and reveals how Theorem spends its money on compute resources
- Move from periodically scheduled Jenkins jobs to more reactive CI/CD pipelines that provide a tighter feedback loop and faster delivery of changes to our environments
- Automate the delivery of not just software changes, but also infrastructure changes
- Design and implement access management strategy for both human and machine resources following the principle of least privilege
- Automation of security testing for both code and infrastructure
- Automatic enforcement of security policies like restricting security groups
- Maintenance and enhancement of our monitoring and alerting systems
- Reduce false positives in our alerting system
- Prior experience with cloud environments (AWS preferred), automation tools (Terraform or similar), container orchestration (Kubernetes preferred), build systems (Bazel preferred)
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Python, SQL, data warehousing, and ETL pipelines
- Opinionated about CI/CD, monitoring, alerting, release processes
- Detail oriented, gritty, and learns fast
- Expected full-time salary range between $150,000 to $210,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.