Investor Relations Associate
Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
In this high-impact role, you will pave the way for Theorem’s Investor Relations team to be as productive and impactful as possible. The Investor Relations Associate will collaborate with teams across the business and be responsible for assisting with the execution of investor relations activities, as well as maintaining accurate records and corresponding with investors.
Communication is one of your greatest strengths, and you excel at constructing order out of ambiguity and creating efficiencies to drive solution-oriented outcomes. You are a person who loves fixing problems and always embraces the best idea, even when it is not your own. Our ideal candidate is innovative, collaborative, and can balance differing goals and viewpoints when identifying solutions. We operate in a high accountability, high expectation environment where the goal is always to produce the best solution.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Theorem’s Head of Investor Relations and team to increase their output
- Track and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, drive operational outcomes, and anticipate needs, allowing the Investor Relations (IR) team to focus on the problems they are best equipped to solve
- Own meeting and client engagement coordination and ownership with completeness and accuracy
- Client call and event support — urgent, real-time and in-person support where ever possible.
- Includes testing of software, video and hardware, conference room prep and materials prep
- Data and materials support — ongoing, including researching and reconciling prospects’ data and client decks production/updates, IR monthly reports production as well as discrete projects, e.g., salesforce data projects
- Assist in the preparation of investor communications, such as presentations, reports, and press releases
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date investor records and databases
- Coordinate investor events, such as annual meetings and conference calls
- Respond to investor inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner - both written and verbal - real-time and ongoing, both internally and externally, with high-level of professionalism, customer service and solutions-oriented demeanor
- Assist in the development and implementation of a comprehensive investor relations strategy that aligns with the company's goals and objectives
- Prepare and disseminate financial and operational reports, including earnings releases, annual reports, and other disclosures required by regulatory authorities
- Provide guidance to senior team members on investor sentiment and feedback, and recommend actions to improve the company's financial performance and reputation
- Maintain a strong understanding of the regulatory environment and stay up-to-date on changes that may impact the company's investor relations activities
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or a related field
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint, calendaring and productivity software
- MacOS and GSuite expertise, including spreadsheet and presentation software
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize effectively
- Knowledge of financial markets and investment principles
- Previous experience in investor relations or a related field is a plus
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomacy, and the ability to collaborate with others are essential
- You work with a sense of urgency
- Bias for action
- Prioritization — ability to manage and prioritize time-sensitive tasks while making progress with ongoing projects and work
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Autonomous and independent
- Professional polish
- Enjoys executing established best practices and processes, with eye towards improvement and optimization
- Welcomes feedback and applies towards individual and team improvement
- Thrives in high-performance and high-stakes environment
- Expected full-time salary range between $100,000 to $130,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
- This employee will sit onsite in our San Mateo office.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?