Head of Business Development
Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced business development executive to help drive revenue growth through the development of new business lines, properly evolving existing partner relationships, and expanding our partner network. The Head of BD & Partnerships will be a deeply cross-functional player.
This leader will make a significant impact from day one and will work closely with the CEO, CIO, General Counsel, CTO, Capital Markets, Legal, Research, and Engineering teams
- Expand the partnership network & the investment option set
- Partner with the IC to develop and then implement an evaluative and prioritization framework for new platform partnerships & new asset classes (new partnerships)
- Drive down the time and cost required to onboard each new partner platform (with less effort)
- Extend the partnership model
- Innovate new partnership structures that lever Theorem’s network, technology, and market position
- Increase the value and stickiness of partnerships over time
- Partner with the IC to develop and then implement a framework for increasing the value of each partner platform on the Theorem network (deeper partnerships)
- Co-build automated and user-customizable reporting that communicates 1) how each partner’s loans are performing relative to i) our predictions and ii) peer sets, and 2) how a partner’s loan performance or loan shape would need to change to unlock additional volume (value-add services, increased IC optionality)
- Use our underwriting technology to generate revenue that does not require new LP capital
- Develop and sell an offering that licenses access to Theorem’s underwriting technology (license revenue)
- Partner with the Technology Team to further the mission
- Lever yourself: Lead and develop a team of business development, partnerships, and operations folks
What We're Looking For
- 14+ years of Business Development, Sales, and Partnerships experience, with a demonstrable track record of driving revenue, managing a team, and providing results
- Proven track record of building and developing key partnerships
- Financial services industry experience, ideally within structured finance and/or consumer loans
- You are a strategic and analytical thinker who understands technology, financial markets, and strategy development
- Clear communicator with an ability to inspire internal and external stakeholders
- Strong executive presence with a proven ability to present and manage a wide variety of relationships
- Proven record of achieving targets and driving revenue in a high-growth, rapidly evolving organization
- Experience hiring and managing a partnerships team
- Willing to travel
- Expected full-time salary range between $215,000 to $285,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?