Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
In this high-impact role, you will pave the way for Theorem’s Leadership Team to be as productive and impactful as possible. You get energy from being a thought partner to others and spending time translating operational problems into actionable outcomes. Your strong value orientation ensures you always tackle the most critical problems and build lasting, scalable solutions.
Communication is one of your greatest strengths, and you excel at constructing order out of ambiguity and surfacing signal in an easily digestible way. Your ability to understand complex and unfamiliar concepts is second to none. You are a person who loves fixing problems and always embraces the best idea, even when it is not your own. Our ideal candidate is innovative, collaborative, and can balance differing goals and viewpoints when identifying solutions. We operate in a high accountability, high expectation environment where the goal is always to produce the best solution.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Theorem’s Leadership to increase their output
- Collaborate with leadership and teams from across the business to unpack ambiguous problems and ensure a shared understanding of goals and outcomes
- Proactively surface pain points and generate insights into the health of our operations, make recommendations on how to improve as we scale, and work with business leads to drive change
- Track and stabilize projects, remove roadblocks, drive operational outcomes, and anticipate needs, allowing teams to focus on the problems they are best equipped to solve
What We’re Looking For
- Strong bias for action and enjoy working with high autonomy
- Capacity to probe when something doesn’t feel right and not take everything at face value, even when it’s an unfamiliar concept
- Ability to problem solve while navigating differing viewpoints and ideas, and remaining open to new ideas and potential failures
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand, translate, and convey complex concepts
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail to manage multiple competing priorities
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a fast-paced technology-focused organization
- Expected full-time salary range between $110,000 to $140,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?