Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
Develop and deliver new markets and customer segments, products, and partnerships for Theorem’s world-class, AI-enabled underwriting technology and investment. This new role and greenfield opportunity is designed for the entrepreneurial business development professional who embraces innovation, creating new solutions, and thrives in a high-performance, mission-driven team. As a member of the Partnerships team, you will work closely with exceptional colleagues across Research, Capital Markets, Legal, Finance, and Operations, as well as with the CIO and CEO.
What You'll Do
- Creation of market-expanding, new business paradigms — in collaboration with the CIO and CEO
- Growth in new markets and new partner categories
- Working with new products, services, and deal structures — in collaboration with researchers — for existing partners
- End-to-end delivery of business development process from relationship initiation to deal close
- Own pitch through deal negotiations and term sheets, collaborating with legal counsel and lending partners
- Go-to person and relationship owner for these new business partnerships
- Productive and collaborative internal relationships with hard-working, mission-focused colleagues in research, capital markets, operations, and legal
- Market awareness of Theorem’s innovative and partner-focused programs and abilities through participation in fintech, lending, and finance conferences and forums
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 10 years of equivalent business development experience
- Track record of building new customers, markets, and new products
- Financial markets and financial products experience helpful
- Experienced, strategic, and hands-on
- Exceptional entrepreneurial and solutions-creation mindset
- Able to identify and create commercial opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Transparency & intellectual honesty
- Welcomes and adapts behavior to feedback
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Ability to identify risk and surface issues
- Motivated by a desire to make a significant impact as part of a greater mission
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Relentlessly resourceful and execution-oriented
- Embraces wearing multiple hats
- Expected full-time salary range between $140,000 to $180,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?