Sr. Corporate Accountant
Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
In this role, you will report to the Director of Finance and work closely with your fund accounting colleagues. Your goal will be to work cross-functionally in order to drive efficiency, optimization, and automation of accounting processes in the firm.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the maintenance of the company’s accounting books and records
- Responsible for overseeing our internally-managed employee investment fund
- Responsible for the corporate credit card program
- Maintain the company equity program in collaboration with the Director of Finance and the COO
- Support business processes including but not limited to FP&A, accounts payable, and treasury
- Assist in month-end close process and other assigned department-related tasks, as necessary
- Ensure data integrity for assigned accounts including understanding of required upstream internal controls over financial reporting
- Book monthly journal entries and prepare related account reconciliations
- Assist with analyzing financial results on a monthly basis and report on variances versus plan and prior periods to efficiently report results to executive leadership
- Investigate reporting discrepancies and communicate issues, effectively and in a timely manner
- Assist in the calculation, presentation, and communication of company-wide KPI’s
- Assist in the development of SOX compliant documentation of internal controls
- Assist with external audit requests
- Assist with tax and regulatory compliance with state and federal entities
- Actively maintain and review designated general ledger accounts and activity
- Consistently evaluate areas for process improvement and automation
- Partake in ad hoc accounting or finance projects and analysis, as assigned
What We're Looking For
- A minimum of 4-6 years of work experience in corporate accounting (public and private mix preferred)
- Process and detail oriented with a strong work ethic and team-focused attitude
- Able to adapt to frequent changes in the business operating environment
- CPA preferred
- Microsoft Excel superuser
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- Expected full-time salary range between $100,000 to $150,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.