Director, Capital Markets
Pursuit of truth in credit.
By using machine learning to anticipate and manage risk in credit, we’re empowering our partners and lenders to unlock opportunity and access for more borrowers, everywhere.
We strive to be the preferred partner to lending platforms, providing not only access to capital but also underwriting technology capabilities to allow innovative lending platforms to grow their business.
Our firm is made up of 60+ professionals working in San Mateo (HQ) and New York, working in-office on Tuesdays and Thursdays. We are passionate, hard-working, relentlessly-resourceful, impact-focused individuals. We deeply value intellectual curiosity, independence of thought, creative idea generation, empathy, and close collaboration.
What You'll Do
- Work alongside members of the Capital Markets team to lead execution of private placements (4a2, term loans, etc), warehouse facilities, 144a securitizations, and other financing initiatives.
- Lead negotiations and deal structuring on warehouse facilities and term securitizations.
- Actively monitor the company’s financing health, portfolio exposures, cost of financing, and liquidity needs, and communicate findings to senior managers.
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with rating agencies, banking partners, external investors, and vendors.
- Collaborate with other groups within the company, such FinOps, Research, Engineers, Legal and Partnerships teams, to onboard new platforms and provide capital markets expertise.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor capital markets KPIs and KRIs
What We're Looking For
- Minimum of 10 years of securitization experience at an investment bank, rating agency, Fintech, or buy-side firm.
- Familiarity with various asset classes
- Strong cash flow modeling background and ability to apply market standard approaches to analyzing securitization transactions.
- Experience reviewing legal documents, preparing presentations, and analyzing capital markets deals.
- Exceptional project management skills and an aptitude to explain complex subjects
- Proficiency with Bloomberg, Intex, etc
- Plus: knowledge of Python, VBA, SQL
- Expected full-time salary range between $190,000 to $250,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
- Advertised and actual salary ranges may differ by geographic area, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
We foster an environment that welcomes professionals with a diversity of backgrounds and ideas. We value professionals who are thoughtful, innovative, tenacious, and mission-driven. Every member of the team has a major impact on the company's success with visible contributions to the business. We encourage and reward growth, learning, and a solutions-seeking mindset. We offer a competitive salary and opportunity for equity ownership, generous benefits, and an inclusive and collaborative work environment. If you’re excited by the opportunities to create outsized impact as part of a world-class team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can contact us at 415-489-0457.
Theorem does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.