Associate Systems Administrator
Terray is a biotechnology company with the technology, data, and mindset to radically change the way we discover and develop small molecule therapeutics. We explore molecules and targets broadly and deeply with a sophisticated integration of ultra-high throughput experimentation, generative AI, biology, medicinal chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. Everything the company does is grounded in an iterative approach, producing massive amounts of precise, purpose-built data mapping interactions between small molecules and causes of disease that gets increasingly valuable with each cycle of design and experimentation. The company’s platform uniquely blends experimentation and computation to improve the cost, speed, and success rate of small molecule drug discovery and development.
Terray Therapeutics is seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced Associate System Administrator to help manage our growing on-premises and cloud infrastructure.
As an integral member of the Computational and Data Sciences Team, the candidate will be responsible for managing computer lifecycle, patch management, provision computers / servers, and more.
Experience in Active Directory, VMware, networking, and endpoint / patch management will be a key component for this role. The position will report to the IT Manager.
Core responsibilities of this position include:
- Procure, inventory, and maintenace of company-owned hardware (laptops, lab computers, printers, etc.)
- Monitor, manage, and upgrade on-premise / cloud infrastructure (DHCP, DNS, VPN, Wi-Fi, AV etc.)
- Secure critical systems from unauthorized access and keep computing infrastructure up-to-date
- Maintain backup systems and ensure redundancy/failover of networking equipment
- Configure and maintain on-premises High Performance Computing (HPC) infrastructure in close collaboration with computational chemistry and machine learning teams
- Manage employee onboarding / offboarding process.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT support issues / requests.
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray Therapeutics’ success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, everyone is vested in a vision of excellence, and everyone actively takes part in the success of the business. Terray Therapeutics supports a positive work environment comprised of engaged employees who feel appreciated, recognized, and free to be creative.
A mindset for continuous learning, strong communication and problem-solving skills will be required for effective cross-functional collaboration with Automation, Computational Data Science and Scientific teams, including Platform Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, and pre-clinical Biology.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Highly proficient in both Unix-based and Windows operating systems
- Highly proficient in computer networking and security
- Experience with managing an AD environment.
- Experience with managing a VMware environment.
- Experience with managing an AWS environment.
- Experience with maintaining and upgrading computer hardware including rack-mounted server hardware
- Experience with high-performance computing infrastructure and maintenance (SLURM, SGE, etc)
$100,000 - $150,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits