Associate Scientist/Scientist - Cheminformatics
Terray is a biotechnology company with the technology, data, and mindset to radically change the way we discover and develop small molecule therapeutics. We explore molecules and targets broadly and deeply with a sophisticated integration of ultra-high throughput experimentation, generative AI, biology, medicinal chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. Everything the company does is grounded in an iterative approach, producing massive amounts of precise, purpose-built data mapping interactions between small molecules and causes of disease that gets increasingly valuable with each cycle of design and experimentation. The company’s platform uniquely blends experimentation and computation to improve the cost, speed, and success rate of small molecule drug discovery and development.
Terray is currently seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced cheminformatics scientist. As an integral member of our Computational and Data Sciences (CDS) team, the candidate will help leverage our platform for emerging generative design applications through understanding and expanding our chemical space. This position will be a part of the Molecular Design team and will work collaboratively with several other teams including Medicinal Chemistry, Platform Chemistry, Data Sciences, Machine Learning, and Compound Management.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Develop in-house tools for molecular generation and data analysis to guide our hit-to-lead and lead optimization efforts
- Contribute to the design and design methods for the multimillion scale libraries on our platform
- Ensure the data integrity of our chemical database and integrate it into our workflows
- Explore chemical space on our platform by developing new tools for enumeration and analysis
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- BS/MS/PhD in computational chemistry, cheminformatics, medicinal chemistry or a related field
- Experience with RDKit or related cheminformatics software (Daylight, OEChem, OpenBabel, etc.)
- Proficiency in Linux environment, experience with database languages, and experience with version control practices and tools
- Highly proficient in Python and the PyData stack (numpy, pandas, scipy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
$100,000 - $198,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits.