Software Engineer, Backend
Terray Therapeutics is a venture-backed biotechnology company led by pioneers and long-time leaders in artificial intelligence, synthetic chemistry, automation, and nanotechnology. We’re generating chemical data purpose-built to propel drug discovery into the information age — and we’re doing it on a larger scale and faster than has ever before been possible.
Our closed loop system generates precise chemical datasets at unrivaled scale that work seamlessly with AI to systematically map biochemical interactions between small molecules and causes of disease. Iterative cycles of virtual molecular design and experimentation power AI and machine learning models, which in turn guide the next cycle of design. With a chemistry engine that measures billions of interactions daily and becomes increasingly precise with every cycle, we can answer an unprecedented array of questions — deriving insights that enable us to predictably create drugs for patients in need.
Terray is currently seeking a motivated, creative, and experienced Software Engineer with a focus on backend development. As an integral member of our Computational and Data Science team, the candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining the data pipelines and workflows that power our wet-lab and computational discovery platforms.
The core responsibilities of this position are:
- Build, maintain, and improve data pipelines for our computational platform, including imaging, decoding, screening, and other downstream processes
- Design database schemas and collaborate to implement data transfer and data storage solutions
- Write unit tests, assist with documentation, and participate in code review process
Experience and Qualifications
Part of Terray’s success is nurtured by a hands-on work environment where everyone is accountable, vested in a vision of excellence, and actively taking part in the success of the business. Terray supports a positive work environment where employees can feel engaged, recognized and empowered to be creative.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Highly proficient in Python. Experience in the PyData stack is a plus (numpy, pandas, scipy, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Proficiency in working in a Linux environment
- Experience with SQL and interfacing with databases in code
- Familiar with AWS cloud resources
- Experience with pipeline/workflow managers (Luigi, Airflow, Nextflow, etc.) and services like Lambda and Batch
- Experience with building out database schemas
- Experience with container build and deployment systems like Docker
- Knowledge of coding best practices, including standards, reviews, version control, and unit testing
$132,000 - $198,000 (annually) depending on seniority; participation in the Company's option plan; 3% 401K contribution; full benefits.