INSPIRING THE CREATORS OF TOMORROW
Who We Are
Sphero is transforming PK-12 education with accessible tools that encourage exploration, imagination, and perseverance through STEAM and computer science. With the help of educators around the world, we are empowering learners of all backgrounds and abilities to discover their interests and passions while equipping them with the skills they need to be the world’s future Changemakers.
With physical presences in Greenville, TX, Hong Kong, and fully-remote, globally-based employees, Sphero has become the market leader in EdTech solutions, loved by millions of educators, students, and parents worldwide.
At Sphero, you can do the work you love, be yourself, and take fun seriously.
What You Will Do
- Manage all visual and user experience aspects of Sphero’s e-commerce website including design, implementation, testing, and ongoing maintenance.
- Follow principles of design thinking and collaborate with stakeholders, to ideate, create, and deliver production-ready assets in a wide variety of formats including packaging, advertising, marketing/sales materials, internal presentations, and more.
- Design & create static and animated user interfaces that convey information and actions clearly, and are fun and engaging to interact with.
- Work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects with cross-functional teams, to provide innovative design-forward solutions that support business goals.
- Design wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, and build finished templates for deployment in our e-commerce web platform.
- Drive design from early-stage conceptual ideas and make informed recommendations and user flows by using data and analytics to help optimize creative for brand awareness and conversion.
- Work closely with stakeholders to create user journeys and define content architecture and design for supporting new product launches in a variety of formats.
- Recommend and implement A/B tests for new creative assets and identify top performers, using data-driven insights to shape future creative decisions.
- Work with SEO partners and 3P back-end web developers to help manage all web-related tasks and ensure all deliverables are met and the website is optimized for performance.
- Lead creative brainstorming sessions, design reviews, presentations, and quick, iterative user research for ideation and concept refinement.
- Assist in the planning and coordination of photo/video shoots including storyboarding, developing shot lists, and execution
- 5+ years experience with graphic design, web design, advertising agency, or in-house marketing team.
- Experience managing all visual and user experience aspects of an e-commerce website including design, implementation, testing, and ongoing maintenance.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud Applications (Specifically Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Up-to-date knowledge of Figma and/or other design wireframing and prototyping tools.
- An advocate for our users, adept at identifying and designing information, interactions, and interfaces for them – considering their mental models, cognitive load, and access and abilities.
- A strong eye for visual composition, layout, and incredible typography skills with extensive knowledge of visual hierarchies.
- Provide mentorship to other team members and contribute to the shared knowledge of best practices with the team as a whole.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and re-prioritize as needed based on deadlines and complex tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, and the ability to provide constructive feedback and help establish best practices.
- Must reside in and be authorized to work in the United States.
An example of a day in the life of an Art Director at Sphero:
- Spring out of bed knowing that you get to support kids learning today!
- Say hello and good morning to your teammates on Slack with a cat gif
- Pull up the Sphero website, your pride and joy, who you will work very closely with daily
- While sipping on a warm beverage, start the daily maintenance of the website all while strategizing various ways to optimize it.
- Review any tests that you have completed and gather the data to provide insights to the team
- Reach out to your teammates on how you can assist with other tasks
- Check your Slack for any communications and respond accordingly with appropriate information
- Take a brief walk in the sunshine to find a bench to sit on and eat your sandwich lunch
- Collaborate with your team on designs
- Pull up our e-commerce platform. Review, maintain, and make any changes needed.
- Close to dinner time! Connect with team to communicate any questions or updates you may have (you are encouraged to do this throughout the day)
- Sign off to spend time doing what makes you happy! Balance is important.
This is your opportunity to impact the STEAM, robotics, and computer science revolution with an inspired, dynamic, innovative team that is transforming the world of PK-12 education. If you’re interested in bringing your unique talent to support our mission, please send us your resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Compensation: The salary range for this position is $84,000 - $106,000. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, and certifications.
Benefits (Health benefits available the 1st of the month following your start date): Sphero offers 100% paid medical plan (buy up plan available), dental and vision insurance; short-term & long-term disability, life insurance, AD&D insurance, FSA, HSA (with HDHP medical plan), 401(k) plan, stock options, unlimited PTO, 4-day work weeks, 2 week-long company shut downs per year, ability to work remotely full time, paid parental leave, education reimbursement, wellness reimbursement, and a technology benefit.
We encourage and welcome applicants with any and all backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and competencies. All decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, and discharge are based on qualifications, merit, and the needs of the business. We are an equal opportunity employer.