Director of Operation (Temp)
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
We are looking for a results-driven (Temp) Director of Operations - this is a temporary, full time position (40 hr/wk) for a duration of 3 months - with the possibility of extension. This role is crucial in driving the company's growth and ensuring operational excellence.
About the Role:
This role will “wear many hats” and require thorough problem-solving across a variety of areas within the company. You will focus heavily on executive leadership team operations and behind-the-scenes support. You will remain extremely organized, execute quickly and accurately.
Working cross-functionally will be a part of every day. This role requires rapid relationship-building skills and attentive listening abilities.
Major themes will be proactivity and being one step ahead of leadership to ensure business needs are anticipated.
- Prepare detailed briefing documentation: Our leaders frequently meet with CEOs, World and Thought Leaders so creating detailed and impactful briefing documents to amplify the impact of each conversation is a critical part of this role.
- Operating cadence: Drive follow-ups arising from weekly executive meetings, bi-weekly senior leadership meetings meetings, quarterly OKR meetings, and more
- Strategic planning: Work with all members of the leadership team to set, align, and track company-wide OKRs.
- Cross-functional initiatives: Execute on strategic business initiatives. Drive short sprints to solve critical issues.
- Communications and data-driven insights: Develop content for quarterly town hall meetings and communications on behalf of the CEO and his senior leaders.
Please note that you may be required to perform additional job responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong communication: You will constantly be interacting with the CEO, Co-Founder and their senior leaders. You have previously worked with CEOs, founders, and senior/executive leadership teams, demonstrating strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sheet and Slide building skills are a must!
- Solutions-focused with a huge sense of urgency: You are biased toward action, drive toward solutions first, and you operate with a huge sense of urgency.
- Selfless/low ego: you are humble enough to work behind the scenes. A lot of the job to be done will fall in the category of “somebody has to do it, and I’m somebody.”
- Extremely organized - You are known for creating order out of chaos, you consistently look ahead and anticipate needs before they arise; coordination does not phase you.
- Budget: $7,500/month (1099 contractor status)
- Access to learning platform & company professional development events
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position. #LI-DNI