Senior Software Engineer (Python)
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
About the Team
You are joining the team that is responsible for managing our ratings data infrastructure and quality, architecting and implementing business-critical data solutions and pipelines, and enabling data-driven decisions within the organization and for our customers.
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer you will develop solutions to turn billions of data points into actionable insights, build complex yet robust data pipelines, drive automation and constantly evolve data architecture, scalability and quality. You will be working in a 100% remote, high-performance, fast-paced environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
- Design, develop, and maintain through the entire SDLC complex data solutions that provide data to our Security Ratings platform through batch, micro-batch, or real-time processing.
- Understand problems and needs of our customers and elaborate technical solutions in response together with other teams like product and support.
- Collaborate with other engineers within and across teams to design and optimize scalable, efficient, and robust data models and pipelines.
- Make recommendations regarding technologies, improvements to data models, and processes taking into account cost, complexity, and performance.
- Identify and resolve performance bottlenecks in data integration processes and recommend best practices for optimization.
- Promptly resolve data quality and processing issues, establish proactive monitoring.
- 4+ years experience applying Python and/or C++ for back-end engineering: STL containers (vector, array, set…), templates (generic programming), lambda functions.
- Firm understanding of computational complexity and performance-optimized coding.
- Basic Bash scripting and know your way in Linux-like command line.
- English language proficiency, both oral and written.
- Proven practical knowledge of high load distributed processing, building and maintaining data pipelines, Kafka and event streaming.
- Understanding of data storage and serving approaches for large data volume, caching, partitioning and scalability strategies, SQL and NoSQL databases like Redis, Presto, Hive, Spark, Clickhouse, Snowflake, Cassandra, Scylla.
- Extensive Python experience including Django, Flask, Pandas, Jupyter.
- Familiarity with cloud environments, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Passion for zero maintenance, automation, monitoring, devops, CI/CD, data quality and standardization.
- Cybersecurity background or prior experience.
Specific to each country, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, and unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.