Sales Consultant- Japan
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV
About the role:
As individuals and as a community, we are Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, and operate as One Team. We are Resilient and Embody #SecurityDNA to practice what we preach. We're looking for a Consultant based in Japan who can contribute to the next phase in our company's development. We seek to drive excellence, both in ourselves and others, and we work with the Japan and APAC team to rapidly grow revenue. You will report to Japan Regional Leader manager and be given a SecurityScorecard (SSC) email, but no access to a SSC laptop, or access to SSC tools (ex. Salesforce.com, Clari, else).
- 6 month engagement from 1 January 2023 to 30 June 2023 with ability to roll over for an additional 6 months based on mutual decision.
- Introduction to 3 x Japan Executives/month and be involved throughout the sales cycle until close, to help sell and win new business for SecurityScorecard yielding a minimum of US$ 300,000 new pipeline generation (Stage 2+)
- Working a minimum of 8 of hours/week.
- Weekly updates of SSC activity team with your manager.
- Complete detailed transfer of knowledge upon completion of this Consulting term: Contact details (name, job title, email address, phone #) and Opportunity description (account, historical summary, current status, next step)
- US$ 1,400 retainer/month, paid monthly
- 3% Commissions only on Closed Won opportunities, paid similar to standard SSC payment cycle. Estimating winning US$ 150,000 business by 31 December 2024, of which US$ 75,000 by 30 June 2024.
- Ability for either side to terminate early, given 1 month early notice.
- 20+ Years of experience in sales leadership
- Track record of attaining and surpassing quotas
- Growth scaling experience
- Deep and wide rolodex within the Cybersecurity community
- Exceptionally strong presentation and communication skills
- Based in Japan
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.