Field Sales Director, Insurance
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
What you will do
We are hiring a seasoned sales leader to grow business in the Cyber Insurance market. In this role, you will prospect and engage with senior decision makers in Cyber Insurance practices within large insurers, reinsurers and brokers. As a Field Sales Director you will call on accounts at senior levels, have excellent personal relationships in Cyber Insurance, and engage collaboratively with our prospects and customers to present the value of the SecurityScorecard solution. You will report to the Vice President, Sales, East.
The position involves both phone/web and frequent face to face value selling, and is approximately 30-40% travel oriented, in a non COVID environment. When not onsite at a customer, you will be based locally within your assigned region.
This position is an opportunity for you to join a growing team and help expand our business and customer footprint.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise software sales with a focus on hunter roles and new customer acquisition & pipeline growth
- 3+ years of experience working in the cyber security sales space selling to Cyber insurance Carriers and brokers
- Outstanding track record of success managing enterprise accounts and opportunities to closure, consistent over-attainment of quotas of $1M annual recurring revenue
- Strong network of established relationships with key industry contacts in the assigned territory
- Solid domain experience of cyber insurance market including tenure as an underwriter or broker
- Extremely organized, effective oral & written communicator
- Self Starter, able to work effectively with a distributed team
- Demonstrated technical aptitude in cybersecurity
- Previous success in early stage company growing a territory and exceeding sales goals
- If you have sold large-ticket enterprise security or risk software, we'd find your experience valuable.
- Previous SaaS and/or cybersecurity experience is also a plus.
Specific to each country, we offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, and unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
The estimated salary range for this position is $140,000-150,000. Actual compensation for the position is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to affordability, skills, qualifications and experience, and may vary from the range. In addition to base salary, employees may also be eligible for annual performance-based incentive compensation awards and equity, among other company benefits.
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.