Business Development Representative
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Evolution Equity Partners, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
About the Role:
This is a pre-sales role. Our Business Development Team is the first point of contact for many of our
future customers. As a BDR you would be focused on setting up introductions with our ideal customers
and qualifying their needs. This position reports to the Director of Business Development and will work
closely with our Field Sales Reps (FSRs).
We're looking for people who are excited to own their "business" (within your respective territory). If you're
keen on discovering the perfect buyer, crafting messaging that gets attention, and making connections
between people, then this is the perfect role for you. Although it's not always the case, ideally this role will
prepare you to become a full-cycle Salesperson (i.e. a closer).
As a Business Development Rep, you’ll enjoy the benefits of ongoing training, mentorship,
career/life coaching, and guidance. It is a great way to jumpstart a career in cybersecurity/SaaS sales and
the skills you develop are applicable across any number of disciplines.
Our Ideal Candidate - Does This Sound Like You?
This role is focused on sourcing our next sales opportunity. As such, you will be speaking with a lot of
people, over the phone, email, or social media (LinkedIn). Our ideal candidate has a knack for
recognizing patterns and applying those ideas to broader scenarios. For example, uncovering ideal
prospects to reach out to based on Buyer Persona training or reaching out to leads after an event.
- Book Meetings for the FSR
- Qualify leads to turn them into opportunity
- Lead Gen. Outbound / Pipe generation using different tools
- Keep Database Clean
- Crush phone and email activity
- Work with Marketing and Channel teams on ad hoc projects
- Master your tools (softwares)
- Research prospective organizations that can benefit from Security Scorecards cloud based
- Identify decision-makers in those organizations
- 1-2 years of experience in sales development, lead generation, or business development
- Track record of consistent and effective sales development performance
- History of creative, persistent, and effective outbound sales lead follow-up messaging
- Excellent communication, discovery, and presentation skills to connect with and persuade senior
level decision makers
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and multitasking ability
- Proficiency and experience using Salesforce.com, Outreach, and LinkedIn
- Must be a self-starter, be comfortable with limited supervision, and have solid problem-solving
- Effective researcher to find new prospects
- Tech savvy and extremely comfortable navigating new software
- Sees feedback, coaching, and improvement
- Works with urgency
- Positive, warm, and inviting attitude with a “no challenge is too great” mentality
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health and
dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
If you are a resident of Colorado, New York City, California, or Washington State, please email us at
email@example.com to receive compensation information for this role.
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe
that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill
sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based
on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression
(including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other
protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in
our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please
Any information you submit to SecurityScorecard as part of your application will be processed in
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.