Vice President of FP&A
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moody’s, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
What you will do
The VP Finance & Operations will partner closely with business leaders to develop financial forecasts and operational goals, then apply financial insights to assist and direct decision making. Responsibilities include FP&A, operating reviews, board updates, oversight of the controllership function, and the creation of processes and dashboards to answer complex questions. Successful candidates will be collaborative, results oriented, and be able to formulate complex analyses into simple and succinct communications. This individual must be able to balance the desire to move fast, with that of providing thorough, actionable, and accurate information.
- Key player/right hand to the CFO and CEO, and business unit leadership in developing the short- and long-term financial goals for the business.
- Lead the development of the annual operating budget, long-term strategic financial plans as well as monthly and quarterly models and forecasts by partnering with business units and functional leaders.
- Robust competency on creating durable in-depth financial model; deliver timely, accurate, and effective analysis and reporting of financial and operational performance metrics.
- Runs consistent, detailed best-in-class cohort analyses on financial metrics including but not limited to retention, sales, and marketing efficiency, CAC, LTV, ARR growth, and translates financial analyses into sound tactical and strategic information.
- Drive the process and preparation of annual budgets, monthly flashes, and quarterly forecasts, recommendations.
- Works with cross-functional business teams to identify fundamental business drivers and risks to those drivers, and translate them into modeling parameters; Tight-knit coordination on driving improvements to the business based on deltas between actual performance and budget
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing due diligence process on strategic investments and acquisitions
- Support the business by conducting operational analyses that enable data-driven decision-making rooted in financial metrics, support communications and lead the development of presentations to the Board of Directors and related executive committees.
- Actively engage functional leaders to find ways to better partner and provide visibility to manage their respective businesses and functions.
- Identify systems and process gaps and implement technology, software, and new processes to increase transparency, speed, and automation to improve the financial
- planning process.
- Partner with Accounting teams for month-end and quarter-end close reporting
- Provides strategic direction to the growth strategy through thorough analysis, in addition to raising the standards across the entire business operation to make sure that all key parts of the firm can adapt successfully to growth.
- Build and lead a team of high-performing FP&A professionals
- Lead the department responsible for planning, budgeting, forecasting, and actuals vs. budget/forecast reporting and analysis
- Track performance relative to budgets, forecasts, and performance targets.
- 12+ years experience: working in B2B Enterprise SaaS company in financial roles (Demonstrated outstanding financial leadership skills and expertise with an emphasis on financial analysis, budgeting, management reporting, and projections.)
- Able to synthesize vast amounts of information, develop high-quality analytics and communicate clearly and succinctly to different audiences (business leaders to executives).
- Extremely high business acumen, performing operationally focused financial analysis and data gathering to support strategic and business development initiatives.
- Strong financial background and attention to detail, with full understanding and experience with financial models and analysis.
- Able to manage multiple priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Maintains the highest accuracy and precision and standard for excellent presentable work, and someone who is highly organized and can manage a diverse team with a diverse range of responsibilities.
- Skilled at creating processes and organization around routine FP&A business functions as well as ad-hoc strategic transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related field, MBA or CFA, and experience in
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, Health benefits, and unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, and much more!
Actual compensation for the position is based on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to affordability, skills, qualifications and experience, and may vary from the range. In addition to base salary, employees may also be eligible for annual performance-based incentive compensation awards and equity, among other company benefits.
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based on merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this position.