Staff/Lead Technical Support Engineer(India)
SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security and risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy and Sam Kassoumeh and funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecard’s patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, and cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find and fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace,” by Crain’s NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," and as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Company’s annual list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2023 and to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing “forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement.” SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Evolution Equity Partners, Sequoia Capital, GV and Riverwood Capital.
This is a remote position working from India and the shift will be from 3:30 PM -12:30 AM India time.
The Staff engineer will ensure that the support team provides high-quality support to customers through effective communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills. In addition, you need to work closely with other teams within the company to identify opportunities for improvement and help develop and implement strategies for enhancing the customer experience.
- In this role, the engineer will work on customer issue cases and also provide guidance to other team members. Respond to the team's inquiries, provide technical solutions, and mentor them to develop their skills
- Develop tools using various scripting languages that will help improve team’s efficiencies.
- Collaborate with other teams to develop and implement strategies for enhancing the customer experience.Develop and maintain support processes and procedures, and identify areas for improvement.
- A successful candidate will be committed to providing amazing customer support experiences, using skills that include building trust, showing empathy and excellent communication to answer customer enquiries
- Understanding the SSC platform and all core functionalities will be essential while employing various diagnostic tools to isolate the potential cause of the issue
- The engineer is expected to diligently manage and resolve challenging issues assigned to them but may need to coordinate assistance from additional teams for more complex cases
- Own customer issues from creation to resolution. As such, creative problem solving, a collaborative nature and flexibility will be key to your success
- Lastly, play a key role in providing input across business units regarding process and product improvements due to their unique perspective when working on technical issues for customers
- Create and share technical knowledge base articles.
- The Senior Technical Support Engineer must be able to work outside of normal business hours (weekend shifts, holidays) as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity concepts and technologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and outside the box.
- Experience with support ticketing systems and customer relationship management (CRM) tools.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Experience developing and implementing support processes and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire team members to achieve their goals.
Solutions Focused: We identify problems then quickly shift to solutions.
Customer Centric: We are obsessed with making our customers happy.
One Scorecard: We are one team that embraces diversity, fun and collaboration.
Resilient: We persevere through obstacles.
Embody #SecurityDNA: We practice what we preach.
Awards & Recognition
Top 10 Cybersecurity Experts 2021 - Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy
CEO of the Year - Dr. Aleksandr Yampolskiy
Best Cybersecurity Company
Deloitte Technology Fast 500
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.