Senior Director of Product - HR Tech
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
As the Senior Director of Product for HR Tech, you'll spearhead the creation of new products while refining and maturing existing offerings. Your role will involve making tough decisions that drive efficiency, speed up execution, and foster focus within your teams. You will be instrumental in balancing the development of innovative new products with the enhancement of current solutions, ensuring that all efforts align with our goal of revolutionizing the global employment landscape.
You will serve as an inspirational leader, fostering an environment of innovation and collaboration, and promoting a culture that places the customer at the heart of everything we do. Your leadership will inspire your teams to continually elevate our product, ensuring we are delivering the most effective and seamless HRIS solutions.
What you bring
- Extensive track record in leading product management, ideally within rapidly growing organisations. 10+ years product management experience, 5+ as leader and people manager.
- Proven experience in steering high-performance product management teams
- Exceptional judgment in making both strategic decisions on prioritisation and tactical decisions on feature scope
- A results-driven leader capable of inspiring their team to achieve significant, tangible outcomes through strategic product direction.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration abilities, with experience in engaging with senior leadership
- Strong acuity in design and user experience
- A passion for creating products that function optimally, even amidst complex and challenging problem-solving
- Must have prior experience in SaaS HR Tech space
- Experience leading global multi-product platforms
- Solid experience in building AI-based products
- Take the helm of numerous product teams, steering them towards the creation and refinement of HR platform foundations and tools, while guided by a compelling and robust vision.
- Establish a strategic plan to mature and scale our HRIS product line, setting ambitious and measurable targets for success.
- In the expanding landscape of Remote's Global HR platform, you will act as a thought leader and collaborator with executives, guiding our future approach and shaping the evolution of our HR solutions.
- Ignite the spark within your teams, guiding them with clarity and care, and cultivating an environment that breathes excellence and innovation.
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
At first glance our salary bands seem quite wide - here is some context. At Remote we have international operations and a globally distributed workforce. We use geo ranges to consider geographic pay differentials as part of our global compensation strategy to remain competitive in various markets while we hiring globally.
The base salary range for this full-time position is between $177,900 USD to $300,250 USD. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range may be subject to change.
- You'll report to: VP Of Product
- Team: Product
- Location: Anywhere in the World
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with peers (fellow director of product and/or future reports)
- Interview with business leader
- Prior employment verification check
- Reference checks
- work from anywhere
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- quarterly company-wide day off for self care
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
- budget for local in-person social events or co-working spaces
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
- Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
- We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
- If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
We will ask you to voluntarily tell us your pronouns at interview stage, and you will have the option to answer our anonymous demographic questionnaire when you apply below. As an equal employment opportunity employer it’s important to us that our workforce reflects people of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences and this data will help us to stay accountable. We thank you for providing this data, if you chose to.