Payroll Business Consultant
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Analyze and understand payroll needs and provide recommendations on payroll solutions that solve those needs in collaboration with our Product and Development teams.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to identify payroll process improvements and automation opportunities.
- Assist with the implementation of new payroll processes and technology solutions.
- Manage special projects, from ideation to execution, including requirements-gathering, design, build, measurement, and iteration
- Help to develop, implement and maintain a documentation process that ensures consistency, accuracy and relevance across all organizational documentation.
- Develop and maintain a structure of KPIs to quantify the impact of current and proposed processes in order to drive data-driven decisions and conduct quality assessments.
- Be able to go from “scout to scale” and actually start things up and get things done.
What you bring
- Experience in payroll consulting or a similar role.
- You possess top-notch project management skills to accomplish goals, drive reporting, due date adherence, and process iteration to ensure better quality.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end payroll processes and HR functions.
- Hands-on experience with payroll software and systems is a must.
- Team player with the ability to work independently and take own responsibility.
- You are able to quickly adapt to a fast-paced, international, scale-up environment.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- You'll report to: Manager, Payroll Business Operations
- Team: Payroll
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritise applications from the following locations as we encourage our teams to diversify; EMEA
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with Program Manager, Payroll Operations
- Interview with Senior Manager, Payroll Business Operations
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
See how to convert your CV to PDF here.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Something looks off?