Senior Credit Risk Strategist Partner
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
About the role
Remote, a company specialising in HR technology, is looking for a highly experienced and qualified Senior Strategist to lead our Credit Risk strategy.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of successful strategy development and execution in the financial services industry, with a deep understanding of credit risk management best practices.
Responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to: developing, implementing, and maintaining credit policies, procedures and strategies; conducting regular assessments of the credit risk environment; monitoring changes in credit risk, and providing recommendations to senior management; and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment of credit risk management strategies with business objectives.
As a Senior Strategist at Remote, you will be responsible for leading the credit risk management function, providing guidance and expertise to the team, and identifying opportunities to optimize and enhance our credit risk and reward framework.
If you are a dynamic and results-driven individual with a passion for innovation and excellence, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We look forward to receiving your application.
What this job can offer you
- Setting Remotes risk appetite and balancing credit risk with revenue to create optimal returns
- Forecasting credit risk losses and setting quarterly targets
- Forming and implementing tactical strategies that will reduce Remotes credit risk losses and risk exposure levels
- Working with product and engineering teams to automate credit risk interventions
- Managing our credit risk at a portfolio level by putting into place category wide interventions
- Creating credit risk policies and standard operation procedures for our underwriting team
- Chairing the credit risk committee and guide Remote’s senior leadership team to key high stake decisions
- Managing, developing and motivating a team of direct reports, mentoring and guiding their career developme
What you bring
- Credit risk professional with 5+ years experience and proven performance
- Prior experience with evaluation of credit risk vs revenue opportunity (risk/reward)
- Experience with a Fintech or start up company
- Strong analytical skills with experience using data to drive successful actions and results
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Data driven communicator
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment
- Writes and speaks fluent English
- Experience in managing all-remote or geographically distributed teams would be a plus
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus
- You'll report to: SVP of Operations
- Team: Operations
- Location: For this position we welcome everyone to apply, but we will prioritise applications from the following locations as we encourage our teams to diversify; UK&I or Western Europe
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager, SVP of Operations
- Interview with VP of FP&A
- Interview with the product team
- Interview with CFO
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
- unlimited personal time off (minimum 4 weeks)
- flexible working hours (we are async)
- 16 weeks paid parental leave
- mental health support services
- stock options
- learning budget
- home office budget & IT equipment
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
How to apply
Please fill out the form below and upload your CV with a PDF format.
We kindly ask you to submit your application and CV in English, as this is the standardised language we use here at Remote.
See how to convert your CV to PDF here.
If you don’t have an up to date CV but you are still interested in talking to us, please feel free to add a copy of your LinkedIn profile instead.
Something looks off?