Continuous Improvement Lead, High Throughput Screening
Your work will change lives. Including your own.
The Impact You’ll Make
Recursion s at the forefront of reimagining drug discovery through the integration of automated cell biology, diverse and high-dimensional data sets, and advanced deep learning algorithms. We are seeking a talented and passionate Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team and drive continuous improvement and corrective/preventative action efforts. As a CI Manager, your primary responsibility is to drive high value CI projects, promote a tech-wealth mindset of continuous improvement, and streamline our corrective and preventive action process amongst our suite of automation processes. To accomplish this, you’ll need to forge strong partnerships with our Assay Operations, Automation Engineering, Tissue Culture Core, and HTS Analytics teams, and develop a comprehensive vision and strategy for continuous improvement within the High Throughput department.
The ideal candidate is an independent thinker, analytical, and results-driven, with a proven track record in process optimization. In addition, you will be a strong leader, self-motivated, and someone able to forge lasting relationships with our collaborating teams. We are not the standard automation laboratory, and to succeed here we must value creative problem solving to enable our mission, rather than simply apply industry standards to our processes.
In this role you will:
- Partner with our automation teams, operations teams, and biology teams to industrialize our processes and reduce the toil of our teams.
- Create a vision for how we accelerate continuous improvement within our HTS lab operations.
- Build a culture of tech wealth, CAPA values, and implement high value process improvements.
- Balance industry practices and techniques with a fast pace and ever changing research environment
- Innovate new and improved processes to execute our high throughput assays with focus on driving departmental goals.
Making Salt Lake City your home base is ideal, however, we will consider remote work for this position. We ask that remote employees commit to regular on-site visits for routine work and departmental events.
The Team You’ll Join
Reporting to the Associate Director of Analytics & Controls, you’ll be an integral member of the High Throughput Operations team. This team operates in a fast-paced research operations environment that strives to drive process industrialization by balancing standardization with creativity and innovation. This is the team that generates much of the 20+ petabytes of high quality, diverse, and foundational datasets that power the Recursion OS. In addition, this team partners closely with our Innovation & Scale, Data Science, and Biology teams to drive foundational advancements to our scientific technology stack. We are always looking for ways to innovate, and you’ll be a critical component of this mission.
The Experience You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline is required (Eg: Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, etc).
- 5+ years of experience in laboratory setting, with focus on continuous process improvement, ideally in a biotech, pharmaceutical, or related industry.
- 1+ years experience in a leadership role with a passion for development and growth.
- Proficient understanding of laboratory automation, CAPA program development and management, and process optimization.
- Some knowledge of GLP/GMP regulations and industry standard process improvement methods is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyze data and develop actionable insights.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional ability to influence and collaborate across all levels of the organization.
- Independent thinker, detail-oriented, and self-motivated, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
How You’ll be Supported
- Weekly 1:1s with your manager who provides regular opportunities for support and feedback.
- Regular skip level 1:1s with department leads to drive multi-level collaboration.
- World class biologists, chemists, data scientists, machine learning scientists to partner and collaborate with.
The Values That We Hope You Share:
- We Care: We care about our drug candidates, our Recursionauts, their families, each other, our communities, the patients we aim to serve and their loved ones. We also care about our work.
- We Learn: Learning from the diverse perspectives of our fellow Recursionauts, and from failure, is an essential part of how we make progress.
- We Deliver: We are unapologetic that our expectations for delivery are extraordinarily high. There is urgency to our existence: we sprint at maximum engagement, making time and space to recover.
- Act Boldly with Integrity: No company changes the world or reinvents an industry without being bold. It must be balanced; not by timidity, but by doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
- We are One Recursion: We operate with a 'company first, team second' mentality. Our success comes from working as one interdisciplinary team.
Recursion spends time and energy connecting every aspect of work to these values. They aren’t static, but regularly discussed and questioned because we make decisions rooted in those values in our day-to-day work. You can read more about our values and how we live them every day here.
More About Recursion
Central to our mission is the Recursion Operating System, or Recursion OS, that combines an advanced infrastructure layer to generate what we believe is one of the world’s largest and fastest-growing proprietary biological and chemical datasets and the Recursion Map, a suite of custom software, algorithms, and machine learning tools that we use to explore foundational biology unconstrained by human bias and navigate to new biological insights which may accelerate our programs. We are a biotechnology company scaling more like a technology company. Recursion is proudly headquartered in Salt Lake City.
Learn more at www.recursion.com, or connect on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Recursion is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, local, or provincial human rights legislation.
Something looks off?