Director, Public Sector Sales
In the time it takes you to read this job description, RapidSOS will have handled ~1,380 emergencies.
At RapidSOS, we are committed to using technology to build a safer, stronger future and working together to save lives. We’re in an exciting phase of growth, welcoming new members from across the globe to our mission-driven, ambitious, and inclusive team. Our work is founded on our values of trust and safety, pioneering, urgency, and purpose over pride, all of which support a company culture where people can innovate, collaborate, grow, and, above all, make an impact. If that sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
At RapidSOS, we are empowering safer, stronger communities with faster, data-driven emergency response. In partnership with public safety, RapidSOS created the world’s first intelligent safety platform that securely links life-saving data from 500 million+ connected devices, apps and sensors and 100+ technology partners directly to RapidSOS Safety Agents, 911, and first responders globally. The platform is used by over 16,000+ first responder agencies and supports 171 million+ emergencies each year. When people need help during an unsafe moment or an emergency, their connected device, home or building that is RapidSOS Ready, delivers essential data to the right place, when it matters most.
What this role is about:
As a Director, Public Sector Sales at RapidSOS, you will lead a team of 6-10 mission-driven sales professionals to achieve their individual revenue quotas while contributing to overarching public sector team goals. You will work closely with the VP of Sales and Director of Revenue Operations to build and execute a robust sales training/coaching program to level up your team’s skills to consistently hit quota and flourish in their careers. You will collaborate with other RapidSOS teams (customer success, product, marketing, etc) to form a cohesive go-to-market strategy for our public sector products. You will excel in this role if you are excited to lead from the front with a sense of urgency and constructively advocate for your team within the wider organization.
What you’ll do:
- Lead your team with urgency as they consultatively sell to RapidSOS’ network of public safety partners, including emergency contact centers (ECCs) and first responders (fire, police, EMS)
- Train, coach and support your 6-10 person sales team as they progress potential deals through the defined RapidSOS sales pipeline, including CRM data input and accuracy
- Act as a strategic partner, closer and overseller for your team on difficult and/or complex deals
- Coordinate RFP responses, contract negotiations, and other cross-functional sales activities
- Work closely with Director of Channel Sales to maximize effectiveness of RapidSOS resellers
- Create and maintain a feedback loop from your team into relevant RapidSOS teams to ensure frontline sales feedback is incorporated into RapidSOS’ wider go-to-market strategy
- Collaborate closely with the VP of Sales and other leaders on critical short-term projects (e.g. product pricing review, key CRM updates) and long term planning (e.g. 2024/2025 planning)
- Join your team members in representing RapidSOS at conferences, webinars and events
What we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- 15+ years sales experience, 10 of which focused on SaaS, software, and/or government sales
- 5+ years directly managing an enterprise and/or mid-market SaaS sales team
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and onboarding quota-driven team in high-growth environment
- Proven success building and implementing robust sales training, and coaching programs
- Player-coach mentality – lead from the front and immerse yourself with your team day-to-day
- Highly analytical; ability to use various data sources and interpret sales pipeline and KPIs
- Track record of celebrating successes and having difficult “low-performance” conversations
- Comfortable with the iterative change and ambiguity that comes with fast scaling organization
- Experience in public safety and/or public sector sales is a plus, but not required
- Preference for applicants in Northeast region of US.
- Willingness to travel 30-50% of the time
What we offer:
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
- Competitive salary, variable commission, benefits and equity participation
- A dynamic, flexible and fun start-up work environment with a highly talented team
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out https://rapidsos.com/blog/
Starting pay for a successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include experience, relevant skills, training, education, location, business needs, or market demands. The salary range for this role is $161,500 - $190,000, with on-target-earnings (OTE) of $323,000 - $380,000. This role will also be eligible to receive equity options and potential bonuses. #LI-Remote
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here: https://rapidsos.com/privacy/california/
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Interested in the role but you don’t meet 100% of the requirements? We’d love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply; we’d be excited to see if your unique skill set and experience could be a match.