Regional Sales Manager, West
In the time it takes you to read this job description, RapidSOS will have handled ~1,380 emergencies.
At RapidSOS, we are committed to using technology to build a safer, stronger future and working together to save lives. We’re in an exciting phase of growth, welcoming new members from across the globe to our mission-driven, ambitious, and inclusive team. Our work is founded on our values of trust and safety, pioneering, urgency, and purpose over pride, all of which support a company culture where people can innovate, collaborate, grow, and, above all, make an impact. If that sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
At RapidSOS, we are empowering safer, stronger communities with faster, data-driven emergency response. In partnership with public safety, RapidSOS created the world’s first intelligent safety platform that securely links life-saving data from 500+ million connected devices, apps and sensors and 90+ technology partners directly to RapidSOS Safety Agents, 911, and first responders globally. The platform is used by over 15,000+ first responder agencies and supports 165+ million emergencies each year. When people need help during an unsafe moment or an emergency, their connected device, home or building that is RapidSOS Ready, delivers essential data to the right place, when it matters most.
What this role is about:
As the Regional Sales Manager, you'll be working with Emergency Communications Centers (ECCs), state and local public safety officials, and our resellers to drive new business through our lead generation engine while identifying new opportunities. You will promote RapidSOS solutions which delivers location & additional data to where it's needed most: 9-1-1 call-takers and dispatchers who are answering calls and saving lives. You will be responsible for a regional territory and work collaboratively with ECC Engagement Managers along with other stakeholders throughout the sales cycle. This is a great opportunity for a sales professional to work in a dynamic start-up that brings innovation to public safety communications!
What you’ll do:
- Analyze market potential and execute prospecting strategies to build a pipeline of Emergency Communication Centers (ECCs) who would benefit from RapidSOS solutions
- Present, promote and sell the RapidSOS platform of integrated products to local and state governments in assigned geographical sales territory
- Collaborate with RapidSOS resellers and channel sales partners to identify and close opportunities
- Learn, understand and strategize around ECC and state budgeting and procurement processes to enable efficient procurement of RapidSOS services
- Contribute to cross-functional projects with other internal RapidSOS teams including Marketing, Customer Success, Partnerships, Product, and more
- Organize and maintain all sales activities and opportunities in Salesforce to track progress against quarterly and annual sales goals
- Provide presentations that effectively communicate the value of RapidSOS products and represent RapidSOS at virtual, national and regional industry events and conferences
What we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- 10+ years of sales experience in B2B SaaS, software, and/or government
- Proven success with complex sales cycles of 3-12 months with a $20K - $100K+ ACV
- Skill set and confidence to carry and achieve a 7-figure annual sales quota
- Ability to sell multiple products across various stakeholders within large organizations
- Skillful communicator who can run clear and concise meetings with senior-level decision makers
- Focus on empathy in your sales approach; responsive to each client’s requirements
- Self-starter who enjoys solving difficult problems in a collaborative environment
- Comfortable with shifting legal and compliance environments
- Ability and willingness to travel 30-50% of the time
Nice-to-have experience (but not required!):
- Experience selling into local and state governments, specifically within public safety, K-12 education and/or similar local government agencies
What we offer:
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
- Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
- A dynamic, flexible and fun start-up work environment with a highly talented team
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out https://rapidsos.com/blog/
Starting pay for a successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include experience, relevant skills, training, education, location, business needs, or market demands. The base salary range for this role is $110,000 - $130,000 with on-target-earnings (OTE) of $220,000 - $260,000. This role will also be eligible to receive equity options. #LI-Remote
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Interested in the role but you don’t meet 100% of the requirements? We’d love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply; we’d be excited to see if your unique skill set and experience could be a match.