Senior Product Designer
Radar is location infrastructure for every product and service. Companies like Panera, T-Mobile, and Zillow use Radar's geofencing SDKs and maps APIs to power location-based experiences across hundreds of millions of devices worldwide.
Founded in 2016, Radar is headquartered in New York, NY. Radar has raised $85.5M from leading venture capital firms including Accel and Insight Partners.
About the role
Radar is looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead our product design efforts and help deliver the product vision, strategy, and user experience for our customers. You’ll create and build on our existing, scalable design system, and design web and mobile products that developers rely on to build location-based experiences, and product leaders use to ensure the success of their location solutions.
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll envision how people experience our products, and bring that to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and simple. You’ll take on complex problems and transform them into intuitive, accessible, and easy-to-use designs for developers and enterprise customers. You’ll play a pivotal role in helping to build our design culture.
This is a NYC–based position located at our headquarters in Union Square. You'll be working from our New York office Monday-Thursday with the opportunity to WFH on Fridays.
For candidates based in the United States, the base salary range for this full-time position is between $140,000 - $160,000/year.
In addition to cash compensation, Radar offers full-time employees a competitive equity plan with stock option grants. This is a meaningful ownership stake in the company that we provide to our employees as we build a category-defining company together.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Your exact offer may vary based on market location, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
How we work
Designers at Radar are equal parts big-picture strategic thinkers and hands-on skilled craftspeople. We learn, gain insights, and communicate our ideas quickly and efficiently by doing—through whiteboarding, user flows, wireframes, design mocks, and prototypes. We sweat the UI and UX details, whether it’s a design layout in Figma or QAing a product feature in development with engineers. We actively invite collaboration and feedback from our colleagues and leadership because we know that this will lead to a better product experience. While we primarily communicate in Slack, working together in person in our NYC HQ allows us to quickly ideate and get things done.
Although we believe in the value of user research, Radar is in a growth stage and product cycle where getting in the trenches with customers and go-to-market teammates provides more actionable insights over traditional user research methods. With a commitment to our product vision of full-stack location infrastructure, established design system, and intuition on what makes products great and easy to use, we bring simplicity to complex design problems and iterate quickly without compromising on quality.
One of our most important company values is "Walk a mile," as in walking a mile in the customer's shoes. This also means literally walking a mile, getting up from your desk, and developing a deep understanding of how location services behave in the real world. To us, a week is a long time, and we expect to ship big things every week.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with Engineering, Customer Success, and Solutions Engineering teams to understand requirements, and provide simple and thoughtful design solutions
- Lead point on design for the Analytics and pinnable dashboard experience
- Develop and expand our product design system, and refine our design process and best practices
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, mockups, and/or high-fidelity prototypes
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates
- Advocate for the prioritization of design-centered changes, refinements, and improvements
You should have:
- 5+ years of UI, UX, and product design experience at a tech, product-driven company
- Expert proficiency in Figma, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe After Effects
- A strong portfolio highlighting multiple projects that demonstrate experience crafting usable digital interfaces, and strong product and visual design sensibilities (typography, color, layout). Applications without a portfolio included will not be considered
- Experience creating concepts and customer journeys, specifying interaction details, and prototyping, both internally and with users
- Prototyping experience, including the ability to gauge the appropriate fidelity for the objective
- Strong problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations when designing for desktop and mobile, including iOS & Android
- A track record of creative, conceptual, and strategic thinking that translates customer needs and business requirements into concrete designs
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate your design work and rationale to cross-functional stakeholders, and manage expectations
- Experience designing developer-focused products, a strong plus
You’ll be working with:
- Audrey Na, Senior Director of Design
- Nick Patrick, Co-Founder and CEO
- Tim Julien, CTO
- Carly Pietrobono, Vice President of Customer Success
- Our Engineering, Customer Success, and Solutions Engineering teams!
Benefits and perks:
- Competitive compensation package and equity plan
- Medical, dental, and vision plans with 100% premiums covered for you
- 401(k) plan with a generous employer match
- Unlimited PTO vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch at our NYC office
- Free CitiBike membership (if based in tri-state area)
- Monthly fitness discounts and wellness programs via Classpass and Gympass
Benefits offering details will be provided if a candidate receives an offer. Benefits may also vary by location.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Radar does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity any other reason prohibited by law in the provision of employment opportunities and benefits.