People Operations & HR Generalist
People & HR, Operations
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Sunday, December 24, 2023
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
We’re building our People practice from the ground up and are looking for a passionate HR professional to help us build a world class employee experience and culture that will fuel Pryon’s rapid growth. If you are devoted to creating an amazing employee experience and culture, and adept at navigating dynamic and quick-moving environments, this may be the role for you.
As an HR Generalist / People Operations Specialist, you will support various HR functions while focusing on administrative efficiency, operational excellence, and legal compliance. This role is ideal for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is a quick learner, and excels at both strategic HR planning and day-to-day operational tasks.
This is a fully remote position, requiring work hours to be aligned with the Eastern Timezone (ET) for optimal collaboration and operational efficiency.
In This Role, You Will:
- Manage HR administration and systems: maintain accurate records while interfacing with our Professional Employer Organization (PEO) partner and Internal Payroll for compensation/benefits matters.
- Ensure all HR practices comply with legal requirements and continually adapt to legislative changes, staying current on employment laws.
- Develop and ensure HR policies and documentation are updated and compliant.
- Oversee and maintain a comprehensive HR knowledge management database, ensuring it is up-to-date, accurate, and user-friendly, empowering employees to Just Know Now™ essential HR information.
- Support the Employee Relations process to maintain confidentiality, trust, and a positive work environment.
- Utilize internal systems and research to produce insightful reporting to guide decision-making and inform HR strategies.
- Apply a DEI lens consistently across all HR processes and programs, ensuring fairness, equity, and inclusivity in the workplace.
What You’ll Need to Be Successful:
- 5+ years of HR experience, preferably in a tech or startup environment.
- Strong knowledge of HR administration, systems, employee relations, and compliance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proactive and able to identify and address HR needs and opportunities.
- Capable of working autonomously, managing responsibilities effectively while also collaborating with the team and relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a growth mindset, with a focus on continuous learning and professional development in HR.
- Tech savvy and capable to leveraging technology and AI to accelerate productivity.
- Preferred but not required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field. HR certifications (e.g. PHR, SHPR-CP) are a plus.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.