Machine Learning Engineer - Modeling
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 4, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
We're looking to hire a Machine Learning Engineer in our Modeling & Large Language Models team. In this role, you'll be part of a team that is building world-class information retrieval and question answering systems over structured and unstructured data.
In This Role, You Will:
- Collaborate with the team to solve fundamental problems in machine learning, natural language understanding and human computer interaction with applicability to practical commercial use cases
- Help with experimentation and model development, and design new features as well as improve existing ones in our system
- Partner with the AI engineering team to transition mature technology to our production environment
What You'll Need to Be successful:
- Master’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Data Science or related technical field, and 3+ years of relevant industrial / academic work experience (or equivalent)
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of and drive the development side of R&D efforts
- Experience building/refining/innovating Deep Learning and/or Deep Reinforcement Learning models for Natural Language Processing, Computer Vision, or Speech Recognition
- Experience with one or more of deep learning toolkits (PyTorch/HF preferred)
- Strong foundation in Computer Science with high competency in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Experience with practical applications in NLP, esp. with transformers/LLMs a plus
- Publications in top-tier conferences (NeurIPS, ICLR, ACL, EMNLP, CVPR etc.) a plus
- Experience working in cloud-based development environments such as AWS, Azure, or Google a plus. Experience with micro-service creation is a plus
- Strong problem solving skills. Hands on, get-it-done attitude
- Team player with ability to work in a close-knit, fast-paced startup environment
-Expertise in one or more of: Python, C++, or Java
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.