Head of Engineering
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
Pryon is seeking a Head of Engineering who can bring their significant experience leading development teams to help us continue to scale while maintaining high standards for performance, efficiency, and technical excellence.
The role is responsible for leading all architecture and platform activities for the company, working closely with the product strategy, product management, solutions engineering to envision and define the platform product roadmap. This role will be accountable for the future platform development which will lead our development activities in a consistent, well thought out cloud native architecture enabling the features and functional needs of our clients and high profile prospects. In addition to the technical leadership of the team, this role has full management responsibility and oversight for Pryon’s engineering and architectural professionals.
In This Role, You Will :
- Contribute to the leadership of the company’s vision, strategies and corporate goals
- Work closely with executive and senior management across all functions to create strategic plans to ensure the strategic goals are clearly understood and effectively and efficiently addressed by the technical team
- Lead all aspects of the company’s architecture strategy and turning that strategy into action; this
- requires constant communication and partnership with Product and Solutions Engineering and all other development teams
- Build, lead, manage, sustain and scale a highly skilled and motivated technology team with strong focus on platform engineering including infrastructure, application, mobile, API, and UX
- Foster a culture of achievement and instill a culture of partnership to expedite the delivery organizations development agenda through solid architecture strategies and implementations
- Establish and/or improve technical standards ensuring adherence to them for product development and company operations to be aligned with customer and market needs
- Develop and/or improve tools, systems, processes and procedures to increase department efficiency and effectiveness as measured by defined OKRs
- Partner with Product and Solutions Engineering to understand and plan for future product release
- requirements and to ensure ability to promote new features and product value on existing or future architecture
- Oversee compliance processes and procedures to ensure that solutions are developed in a secure manner, and have appropriate functionality to protect personally identifiable information and sensitive data
- Develop strong relationships with customers and key stakeholders
What You'l Need to Be Successful:
- 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering with leadership and management experience in a SaaS software company.
- Strong ability to leverage and enforce measurements of engineering and development teams to high efficiency and product delivery standards and timelines.
- Proven ability to operate with a small nimble engineering team to create scale and growth to a large software company
- Must have a disciplined engineering and architecture background with experience in successfully delivering major platform releases over multiple time periods with high quality
- Demonstrated ability to build, mentor, and coach performing teams to meet professional and performance goals, cultivate strong relationships with team members; attract and retain the very best engineering talent to grow and transform the organization
- Prior experience leading a team and architecting products within a multi-tenant Cloud/SaaS environment running in a major cloud provider (GCP preferred)
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Ability to work within broad corporate objectives to define functional goals, steer strategic workforce planning, create and communicate consistent standards of performance, and create a high performance-driven culture
- Proven track record of fast-paced strategic thinking: identifying critical issues and crafting practical solutions
- Ability and willingness to generate ideas, stimulate discussion, and drive results across the entire organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and superior presentation abilities, with the capacity to communicate with a variety of audiences, from board members and industry leaders to managers, staff, customers, alliances, partners and analysts
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.