Architect, Platform & Software Security
Seattle, WA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 22, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
We are growing our team and adding a technical leader to our engineering team focused on software and platform security.
In this role, you will own the technical security posture of the engineering organization enabling us to develop and deliver a set of GA grade, cloud-portable, highly scalable product(s) for enterprise NLP/LLM applications. You will build and manage the processes and procedures for delivering rock solid products and hardening the platforms they are delivered on. You will drive best practices and work with the engineering teams to put them into practice. You will own the auditing and reporting of all areas of security for the engineering organization.
If you are looking for an opportunity to own and drive security for a fast-growing product in the NLP/LLM industry, we would love to hear from you!
In This Role, You Will
- Own and manage the development and operations processes and procedures needed to ensure the integrity and security of a set of GA-grade, cloud-portable, highly scalable products(s) for enterprise NLP/LLM applications.
- Own the platform and software security posture and roadmap of Pryon’s cloud and on-premise products.
- Plan, test, and implement advanced software security techniques in compliance with technical reference architecture.
- Own ongoing security testing and code reviews to improve overall platform and software security
- Monitor and be proactive in the assessment of common vulnerabilities and exposures (CVE) and own the remediation of those risks.
- Prepare engineering designs for new software solutions to help proactively mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Participate in the team’s work at all levels of the architecture; be a partner and work to remove roadblocks
- Prepare and maintain technical documentation
- Provide help and consulting to team members on secure coding practices
- Stay informed about new tools, best practices and developing trends in the industry
- Build mechanisms for auditing and reporting of security compliance and known risks
- Lead, hire, and mentor a team of world class security engineers; set clear expectations on KPIs and goals and hold your team accountable to them
- Work with the CISO and Executive leadership to ensure that the software and platform security goals are aligned with those of the organization
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- 10+ years of experience working in the field of application security
- Proven track record as an effective leader and manager
- Demonstrated experience with techniques, standards, and methods for authentication, authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities, and remediation
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of security research and development
- Working knowledge of security and compliance standards (SOC-2, NIST, GDPR etc.)
- BS degree in Computer Science or related area
- Ability to communicate and engage with senior level executives clearly and effectively
- Excellent project management skills
- A bias for execution and a proven track record of timely and impactful deliveries
We'd Also Like to See the Below:
- Bachelor's or more advanced degree
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- 10+ years of professional software security engineering
- 5+ years leadership/management experience
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.