Machine Learning Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
We seek to hire a Machine Learning Engineer with a focus on Information Retrieval to our AI Engineering team.
In This Role, You Will
- Build world class Information Retrieval and Question Answering systems over structured and unstructured data.
- Build new generation of AI-driven search systems.
- Scale our IR systems to very large collections of documents.
What You'll Need to Be Successful
- Strong foundation in Computer Science with competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design.
- Masters or higher degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, or related field. Or Bachelors degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with IR frameworks, vector databases and similarity search algorithms.
- Experience with deploying large language models in production use.
- Expertise in one or more of: Python, Java, Golang, C++.
- Experience with one or more of TensorFlow, PyTorch, Jax, or another deep learning toolkit.
- Experience with cloud based development environments such as AWS, Azure, or GCP. Experience with micro-service creation is a plus.
- Problem solving skills. Hands on, get stuff done attitude.
- Team player with ability to work in a close knit, fast paced startup environment.
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.