Federal SaaS Account Executive
Sales & Business Development
Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
This is an opportunity to drive our sales efforts, set course and direction by leveraging your relationships, skill, and experience in sales to complete sales cycles with our prospective clients, create new sales opportunities within our ideal client profile, and increase value and investment for our existing Pryon clients. Pryon will give you an opportunity to learn from the team of folks that have decades of experience in AI/ML and have delivered some of the most popular products of today. Your goal will be to translate technology into value-based outcomes for clients and prospects, that help continue their investment in the Pryon platform and seek new companies to invest in similar.
Candidates must have experience selling products or tools in the AI/ML software space and possess strong communication skills. Having technical acumen in AI/ML, Knowledge Management or NLP and consulting experience in knowledge management markets along with AI and ML principles and practices will be an advantage. This person will have proven abilities to work jointly with Solution Engineers and development teams enabling the next generation of efficiencies and products leveraging AI and Conversational Language Processing. A strong work ethic, hunter mentality, agility, and the ability to work under pressure are essential.
In This Role, You Will:
- Drive new business within US Government and federal divisions in citizen or internal government applications through strong partner and customer contacts
- Develop, maintain, and execute a strategic federal sales plan with results.
- Research and identify prospects and targets within the federal or government space based on Pryon’s Ideal Client Profile.
- Create, send, track, and optimize email templates for prospecting and lead nurturing.
- Promote Pryon in many established government forums, seminars, and conferences
- Collaborate with the extended team to drive adoption, customer success, and feedback on future product enhancements.
- Achieve personal sales quota both for bookings and new government division acquisition.
- Develop and actively maintain sales forecasts.
- Maintain customer, opportunity, and forecast detail in the CRM system (SalesForce) as directed by Chief Revenue Officer
- Rapidly follow up and qualify all inbound leads and provide assistance to customers who wish to engage and prove Pryon’s product value.
- Manage all steps in the sales process including qualification, demos, proposals, securing required contract paperwork, and coordinating with the customer support team to drive ongoing success and adoption.
- Consult and be a trusted advisor for existing and prospective clients specifically in NLP, chatbot, or knowledge management while being a key mindful contributor to the sales and engineering team
- Synthesize sales strategy with Solution Engineering to set a strategic direction for each client and priority for Pryon.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Must have 6-10 years of documented success selling complex enterprise software to the US Government, preferably the IC & DOD
- Government-issued clearances are a strong plus
- Strong technical expertise including deep industry knowledge aligned with groups within the federal government
- A successful AE will be expected to drive business through their experience, including previously established relationships.
- 3+ years of documented success selling complex enterprise software to groups in the federal government
- Must have experience negotiating large transactions personally and have been instrumental in closing those deals. A track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets.
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media utilization efforts of public sector organizations, including federal agencies, law enforcement, emergency management, public information, and/or public health.
- Ability to present clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals.
- Strong solution selling skills of a highly technical product with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge.
- Adept at delivering against targets and business objectives while devising and operating within a strategic business plan.
- Strong technical acumen: ability to quickly grasp and understand technical product capabilities and present them to senior-level public sector clients.
- Experience with and understanding of AI and Machine Learning, Big Data, and/or analytics is a big plus.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong track record of quota achievement in a high-velocity selling environment.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Pre-existing knowledge, and technical acumen in one or more of the following spaces:
- AI/ML products in a known discipline
- Knowledge management, enterprise search engines
- Chatbots, collaboration, IVRs
- Natural Language Processing (NLP), IRQA (Information Retrieval Question Answer)
- Comfortable working in a startup environment
- Manage the weekly progression of clients and prospects through Pryon’s known sales stages
- Ability to create and meet weekly objectives and metrics around pipeline and forecast
- Manage and maximize time with an 85% or greater win rate
- Orchestrate a remote and matrixed team of highly skilled solution engineers and developers to assist with opportunities considering the importance of the most probable opportunities.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information at a TS level
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.