Director, Engineering Platform & Software
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Welcome to Pryon, a place for people who want to define the state of the art: real AI (oxymoron intended), developed by real pioneers, solving real problems of consequence. Our company was built by some of the most well-known experts in the field, whose DNA lives on in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every other AI product on the market. But the best part of the story is still to come: We’re creating a world-class culture fueled by intellectual curiosity and radical technology — to reduce the distance between knowledge and people.
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
We are growing our team and adding a Director of Engineering as a leader in our engineering and infrastructure organization.
In this role you will be responsible for all development and operations activities needed to operate a set of GA-grade, cloud-portable, highly scalable product(s) that encapsulate the core AI components developed by the AI Engineering team. You will help develop Pryon’s SaaS and on-prem platform strategy, development & deployment processes, and best practices. You will collaborate closely with the AI Engineering team, Product Management and business stakeholders.
If you are looking for an opportunity to drive productization and massive adoption of cutting-edge enterprise grade NLP/LLM technology and make a huge impact in a fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you!
In This Role, You Will:
- Own and manage the development and operations needed to operate a set of GA-grade, cloud-portable, highly scalable product(s) for enterprise NLP/LLM applications.
- Establish Pryon’s SaaS and on-prem platform strategy, development & deployment processes, and best practices.
- Own the multi-cloud lifecycle of development, deployment, and support for customer managed software deployments.
- Collaborate and coordinate with leadership team in AI Engineering, Platform and ML Ops, Product Management, Solutions Engineering & Architecture, and other business stake holders.
- Lead, grow, and mentor a team of world class software engineers.
What You'll Need to Be Successful:
- Demonstrated experience in development and deployment of highly robust and scalable SaaS and on-prem products. Experience with products in NLP / Computer Vision / Speech is a plus. Experience with multiple cloud environments is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience leading, building, and mentoring a team of software engineers in a SaaS, Science, or Technology environment.
- Execution focus and proven track record of timely and impactful deliveries.
- Experience in working in Agile methodologies.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and able to contribute innovative ideas while paying careful attention to detail.
- Expert-level familiarity with modern product development and deployment tools and practices.
- Ability to communicate and engage with senior level executives clearly and effectively
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.