Director of UX/UI
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
We’re a team of AI, tech, and language experts whose DNA lives in Alexa, Siri, Watson, and virtually every human language technology product on the market. Now we’re building an industry-leading knowledge management platform. Our proprietary, cutting-edge natural language processing capabilities transform unstructured data into meaningful experiences that increase productivity with unmatched accuracy and speed.
As the Director of UX/UI, you will be responsible for creating strategic direction, leading Pryon’s UX/UI department which will include design as well as front-end/client-side development teams, and providing support across subdivisions and product lines. You will work on developing Pryon’s UX/UI strategy, process, and best practices. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a tangible impact in the AI space, we’d love to hear from you!
- Create an exceptional vision and strategy that harmonizes all things UX for Pryon, and lays out the generation of the user experience/user interface (UX//UI) within and across the business units and products
- Build plans that align UX/UI design with product roadmaps for clear and measurable progress towards Pryon’s vision
- Drive design and front-end development, collaborating with with Engineering and Product Management to execute on objectives/projects, both new and existing
- Establish a well-measured approach for solving user experience/interface problems, evaluating how Pryon can improve throughout the customer journey
- Steer customer discussions/feedback to determine our users' challenges and discover strategies to ensure our product’s value is clearly communicated
- Lead, grow, and mentor a team of world class UX/UI designers and and front-end engineers
- Demonstrated experience leading, building, and mentoring a team of UX and/or UI designers in a SaaS, Science, or Technology environment
- Comprehensive experience creating excellent user experiences/interfaces for enterprise AI or ML software users (Experience with conversational UX is a plus)
- A strong portfolio demonstrating previous UX/UI designs and how those designs/principles drove business results
- Experience in working in Agile methodologies
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and able to contribute innovative ideas while paying careful attention to detail
- Execution focus and proven track record of timely and impactful deliveries
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and engage with senior level executives
- Bachelor's degree or higher in one or more of the following subject areas; Computer Science or Computer Programming, Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Psychology, or related
- Expert-level familiarity with modern design and prototyping tools
- 10+ years of professional UX and UI experience
- 5+ years leadership/management experience
Benefits for Full Time Employees:
100% Company paid Health/Dental/Vision benefits for you and your dependents
Life Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is authorized to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visas at this time.
Pryon is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.