Chief Accounting Officer
Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, coffee shops, and other establishments through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners hours every week with our tech-based operating platform, reducing CO2 emissions by consolidating deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
The Odeko team is diverse, passionate, and innovative. Our 400+ employees are spread across numerous departments and business lines, but are single-minded in our mission to develop technology to support the many needs of our customers. We believe that small businesses need support now more than ever, and that Odeko is uniquely positioned to provide that support.
The Accounting team is responsible for providing timely and accurate financial statements and managing the Company’s cash position, as well as serving as the contact point for banking and investor relationships. Interested? Learn more below.
We are looking for a Chief Accounting Officer to join our growing team.
How you’ll make an impact:
- The Chief Accounting Officer (CAO) reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is a key member of the executive leadership team.
- Recruit, manage, oversee, mentor, and develop a best-in-class accounting department
- Manage the company-wide accounting/consolidation close process to ensure accurate accounting in an efficient and timely manner
- Drive innovation, efficiency and effectiveness in monthly, quarterly, and year end close processes to achieve increased accuracy and a shortened month end close cycle
- Lead the use of technology in accounting and control processes, including automation and aligning disparate data/systems
- Oversee all treasury functions, cash management and cash reporting, and serve as main point of contact for banks
- Oversee communications with external auditors on external financial statements, accounting issues, and company decisions on accounting disclosures.
- Oversee development of accounting policies and prepare technical accounting memos documenting accounting treatment, processes, and procedures
- Establish an internal control framework across all financial and operational processes
- Work closely with FP&A team to align processes and review forecast materials as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; Master’s degree strongly preferred
- CPA required, with 15+ years of progressive accounting experience, including Big 4 or large regional firm and corporate experience, spanning both public and startup companies
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls
- Experience in internal control design and financial process optimization
- Experience with NetSuite preferred
- A proven record track record of innovation, leadership, teamwork, and creativity
Compensation for this role is between $200,000 - $300,000 depending on experience.
What you’ll love about Odeko:
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.