Senior Fullstack Engineer - Logistics
Odeko is on a mission to champion your neighborhood cafes, local coffee shops, and bakeries through technology. Whether we’re saving small business owners 10 hours a week with our AI-backed supply platform, reducing CO2 emissions with overnight deliveries, or developing a user experience that makes every new customer feel like a regular, Odeko supports our small business partners from open to close. Your local coffee shops and cafes are the backbone of any given community, and we’re here to help manage the day-to-day tasks with a platform so intuitive, it’s kinda like magic.
This is a position within our Logistics Pod. We are responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of orders at Odeko. To accomplish this, we build and maintain products to aid our warehouse operation teams and delivery drivers. Our tech stack is predominantly made up of Ruby services communicating via Kafka, a native iOS app built using The Composable Architecture and a React frontend embracing GraphQL Federation. Interested? Learn more below.
We are looking for a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join our growing team. This person will be responsible for a broad range of technologies that deliver value to our users. They work across multiple levels of our tech stack and are constantly innovating and pushing the boundaries of what it means to interact with our products. Engineers at Odeko are passionate, curious, technically competent, energized by building and attuned to stakeholders’ needs..
Our Tech Stack
We rely heavily on the following tools and technologies.
- Ruby for our backend APIs
- Postgres for storage
- Kafka for our asynchronous message queue
- GraphQL Federation to enable API composition
- React for our frontend web applications
- Kubernetes and Docker to run our applications
- AWS for our infrastructure
- Concourse/ArgoCD for our CI/CD
How you’ll make an impact:
- Ability to technically lead across the full development lifecycle and make decisions on technologies, architecture and design.
- You significantly impact quality, accuracy, timeliness and volume of work through your own exceptional work as well as creative and assertive influence over others.
- Be part of a cross functional team delivering solutions that make an impact to the organization.
- Ability to influence and mentor others. Leading by influence and example.
- 6+ years software engineering experience as a full stack engineer, ideally in a microservices landscape.
- Experience working across a range of frontend and backend technologies using Ruby/Rails, React, Typescript.
- Experience designing database schemas with Postgres
- Strong engineering best practices with experience in building robust, resilient systems.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to thieve in a collaborative environment.
- Experience with performance and optimization, ability to evaluate, diagnose and make data informed decisions.
- Experience building event driven systems using Kafka, ksqlDB and GraphQL Federation is desirable.
This is an L3 role. Salary is between £70000 - £90000
What you’ll love about Odeko:
- Fast-paced environment and growth opportunities - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and enhance your career!
- Competitive compensation, healthcare benefits, and opportunity for equity
- Other great perks - Full lists of benefits available upon request
Odeko is proud to be a diverse, equitable, and inclusive employer. We encourage all to apply regardless of educational background, race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.
Something looks off?