Associate Scientist II, Metabolic Disorders
We are seeking a motivated candidate to join the metabolic disease therapeutic area team at insitro. As a member of a highly collaborative team, you will play an important role in advancing insitro's efforts towards target discovery and validation in metabolic dysfunction-associated steatotic liver disease (or MASLD). You will design and execute cell-based functional assays to uncover key aspects of MASLD biology. Throughout the project, your responsibilities will likely evolve and offer significant learning opportunities. In this position, you will report to a Sci II on the Metabolic Disease team and collaborate closely with a team of scientists with expertise in cell biology, metabolic disorders, target validation, and drug discovery. This is a lab-based role in our South San Francisco office, onsite 5X/ week.
- Culture and maintenance of primary and immortalized cell lines.
- Execute mid and high throughput cell-based assays to advance MASLD phenotyping and validation efforts.
- Use siRNA and small molecule perturbations to develop disease relevant assays
- Perform high-content fluorescence microscopy and image analysis
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in electronic lab notebook (ELN) and follow all laboratory training and safety requirements
- Collaborate effectively with teammates to provide scientific input and meet project goals.
- MS in the biological sciences or related disciplines (e.g. molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, pharmacology, bioengineering, biochemistry)
- Required - experience with mammalian cell culture techniques
- Prior experience with troubleshooting and incorporating insights/protocols from literature
- Experience with cell based functional assays (ELISA/biochemical), qPCR, fluorescence microscopy
- Familiarity with oligonucleotide screening assays
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $90,000 - $100,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate's skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits