Senior IT Systems Engineer
insitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data generation at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and delivered to patients. Information Security provides a critical foundation for our work due to our unique approach of combining high throughput biology, machine learning and software engineering for drug discovery.
As a Senior IT Systems Engineer, your mission will be to work with colleagues across the entire organization to provide remarkable IT service so that insitro can can achieve this goal. You will apply your technical know-how and experience to enhance IT systems crucial to our mission to help patients.
Reporting to our Head of IT, this role is ideal if you enjoy being part of a team, get satisfaction from solving problems and like puzzling out ways to improve processes and experiences.
Occasional evening and weekend work will be required. Please note that you will be onsite in our South San Francisco office.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about therapeutic discovery and making an impact to patients!
- Maintain the security integrity of Windows desktop builds through continuous improvement, applying endpoint security measures, patch management, and secure baselines.
- Utilize Mobile Device Management (MDM) and scripting to administer Windows and Apple desktop environments.
- Maintain backup and recovery strategies for Windows systems, safeguarding data integrity and ensuring system availability.
- Administer Windows Server environments, including essential components such as AD, GPO, DNS, DHCP, and security configurations.
- Oversee the administration and optimization of on-premise and cloud-based desktop virtualization solutions.
- You are curious and inspired to find creative solutions to complex IT challenges
- You have demonstrated expertise in enhancing and maintaining desktop and server systems.
- You have scripting skills for automation tasks.
- You have direct experience in designing and maintaining Windows system backup strategies.
- You establish trusting relationships with a high level of confidentiality across departments and levels
- You enjoy building things and making a contribution to developing a IT program
- You have 5+ years of increasing responsibility in a similar role
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $150,000 - $175,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate's skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees on our base plans), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
insitro is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion need to be at the foundation of our culture. We work hard to bring together diverse teams–grounded in a wide range of expertise and life experiences–and work even harder to ensure those teams thrive in inclusive, growth-oriented environments supported by equitable company and team practices. All candidates can expect equitable treatment, respect, and fairness throughout the interview process.