(Senior) LIMS Systems Analyst
At insitro, we are shaping the future of drug discovery by combining human biology and machine learning to discover new therapeutics.
Our ability to capture data and metadata from our lab is critical to our mission. That's where our LIMS team, and you, come in.
Reporting to our Director of Software Engineering (LIMS), you will work directly with our scientific teams to design and set up systems that allow for efficient and scalable data capture and analysis that enables insitro to advance its therapeutic pipelines. You will configure and deploy tools such as Revvity Signals, Spotfire, and Benchling to do this for our drug discovery teams.
This is an early role on our LIMS Operations team where you will directly help shape insitro's culture, strategic direction, and outcomes, with many opportunities for diverse impact across several teams and disciplines.
This role may lead to opportunities in Product Management, Informatics, Data Science, IT or team leadership.
With long-term stability thanks to significant funding, this is an exciting time to join us in leading the way to better medicines, with the integration of machine learning and biology at scale.
This role can be based in South San Francisco or remote; local candidates will have the option of a hybrid approach with three days per week in the office.
- Oversee creating the data and analysis architecture that supports our drug discovery efforts using tools including Spotfire, Revvity Signals, ChemAxon DesignHub, and Benchling
- Work directly with Lab teams to gather requirements, understand user needs, and propose solutions
- Build, setup, configure, or otherwise create those solutions, managing the problem end-to-end
- Cross-train on Benchling and our insitro-build software systems to support teams across insitro
- Work cross-functionally with Software Engineers, Automation Engineers, Scientists, and Leadership
- Create excellent user documentation and training, templates, and other written materials
In return, we will support you by:
- Placing a high degree of trust in your ideas and execution
- Providing a low-stress work environment
- Making ourselves available for collaboration and mentorship
- Caring about you as a whole person— not a resource
- Being a well funded startup with conservative runway
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in areas such as data analysis, data engineering, chemoinformatics, or bioinformatics, within a scientific or laboratory environment, preferably involving all phases of the software lifecycle
- 2+ years of experience with Revvity Signals
- 3+ years of experience with Spotfire
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish solid relationships and elicit cooperation from a variety of end users
- Experience across the drug discovery life cycle from hit finding and lead optimization to pre-clinical studies
- Experience with SQL
- Experience with cheminformatics and drug discovery tools such as those from ChemAxon, Schrodinger, or Torx
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $150,000 - $170,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate's skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees on our base plans), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
insitro is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion need to be at the foundation of our culture. We work hard to bring together diverse teams–grounded in a wide range of expertise and life experiences–and work even harder to ensure those teams thrive in inclusive, growth-oriented environments supported by equitable company and team practices. All candidates can expect equitable treatment, respect, and fairness throughout the interview process.