Senior Manager, Facilities
At insitro, we are integrating human biology at scale with machine learning to discover and advance new therapeutics. The heart of our strategy is to generate large datasets to guide machine learning and deliver key biological insights. This approach demands a seamless operation that spans internal and partnered projects simultaneously.
The Sr. Manager of Facilities will report to the Sr. Director of Facilities and Lab Operations. This role is required to be onsite 5x/week to support the daily operations and maintenance facets of our facilities in South San Francisco. You will collaborate with G&A, IT, Legal, Quality and work in tandem with our lab operations, safety, and science teams, along with external contractors, vendors and our landlord. Initially, you will not manage a team, but that could change as we continue to grow.
- Oversee and provide general facilities support including HVAC, building and laboratory utilities and equipment maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Oversee insitro's CMMS as the System Administrator, maintaining and ensuring compliance with system, asset tracking, asset maintenance, and Quality requirements.
- Be the primary contact for vendors, contractors, service providers and building management to coordinate service with internal team members and equipment owners.
- Develop and draft comprehensive SOPs for building, facility, and lab equipment operation, maintenance and calibration.
- Manage facilities maintenance/calibration schedules and critical spare parts inventory.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of the facilities department's procedures, including standards and best practices
- Partner with Legal, Lab Operations and Finance to manage vendor selection, RFP preparation and review, processing legal contracts, and account set-up.
- Support and project-manage construction, tenant improvements, and reconfiguration projects.
- Oversee and provide leadership for space management and coordination of lab and office space moves.
- Be part of the 24/7 response team responsible for responding to lab equipment, facilities and lone worker alarm and emergency notifications.
- Build and oversee insitro's shipping and receiving program in alignment with business growth and requirements.
- Lead insitro's security program including oversight of the card reader and security camera systems.
- 5+ years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry, with at least 3 years in a facilities managerial role.
- Familiarity with computerized maintenance management system (UpKeep platform experience preferred).
- Experience developing and writing operational SOPs.
- Familiarity with domestic and international shipping/receiving logistics and DOT/IATA requirements
- Experience with card reader management, visitor management and security systems.
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $160,000 - $190,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate's skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees on our base plans), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
insitro is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion need to be at the foundation of our culture. We work hard to bring together diverse teams–grounded in a wide range of expertise and life experiences–and work even harder to ensure those teams thrive in inclusive, growth-oriented environments supported by equitable company and team practices. All candidates can expect equitable treatment, respect, and fairness throughout the interview process.