Senior Director (Vice President), Advance Cellular Technology Group
The heart of insitro's strategy is the combination of novel, the latest methods in machine learning, biology at scale and small molecule discovery that address important bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. To accomplish that, we are looking for an experienced leader of our Advanced Cellular Technology Group, whose mission is to build and apply the latest technology towards solving biological problems. In this leadership role, you will manage an accomplished department of 20 scientists.
Your primary duties will include (i) setting vision for the continued evolution of a creative in-vitro target discovery platform; (ii) working as a platform lead to design both high-throughput experimental assays and computational biology, machine learning models that will help deconvolute disease biologies, stratify patients and identify drug targets; (iii) leading external collaborations with academic and commercial partners to onboard novel technology, (iv) robustifying assay and perturbation platforms through deep collaboration with automation engineers, process engineers and scientific operation colleagues.
You will join a growing biotech startup that has long-term stability due to funding, but yet is very much in formation. A lot can change in this early and exciting phase, providing many opportunities for impact. You will report directly to the Chief Exploration Officer. You will be onsite in San Francisco at the insitro headquarters. You will work with a very accomplished team, learn a broad range of skills, and help shape insitro's culture, strategic direction, and outcomes. Join us, and help make a difference to patients!
- PhD in technical field (Multi-omics, functional genomics, molecular biology, computational biology, etc.) with 8+ years of industry experience in drug discovery. 2+ years working in a cross-functional role in an industry setting
- A scientific track record in biotechnology development demonstrated by patents and publications
- Demonstrated track record in building partnerships or collaborations with data scientists or computational biologist, engineers and experimental biologist.
- Experience leading a high-performance team, including goal setting, and contributing to a culture of, high-quality methods development and reducing those methods to a practical implementation
- Collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds and job responsibilities, including collaborating with life scientists
- Passion for making a difference in the world
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $240,000-300,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate's skills, education and experience, market demand, needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
Also, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees on our base plans), and mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Support for books, online courses, and professional conference attendance
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
insitro is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion need to be at the foundation of our culture. We bring together diverse teams–grounded in different expertise and life experiences–and work even harder to ensure those teams excel in inclusive, growth-oriented environments supported by equitable company and team practices. You can expect equitable treatment, respect, and fairness throughout the interview process.