(Senior) Manager, Learning & Development
insitro is transforming the way drugs are discovered through industry-leading, innovative applications of data at scale and machine learning. Our success depends on our ability to develop amazing, diverse talent and build a collaborative, impactful and inclusive culture that makes our team far greater than the sum of its parts.
The (Senior) Manager, Learning & Development will be an important role in bringing our People Development vision to life and making the insitro employee experience one that sets a new standard for our industry. This is a role on the People & Organizational Development Team and part of insitro's broader People Team. You will craft and deliver engaging L&D programs that help employees do the best work of their careers and drive impact at insitro.
Reporting directly to our Senior Director, People and Organizational Development, you will work with other leaders in the People Team and across insitro to craft our P&OD strategy and initiatives, and to help them come to fruition. This is a phenomenal opportunity for someone passionate about people and leadership development to create tremendous impact for insitro and our insitrocytes!
This role will be based in South San Francisco, with a hybrid approach of three days per week in the office.
- Translate our strategy and goals, People priorities, organizational data and insights into a compelling learning roadmap
- Lead learning programs from 'design to delivery' that develop the skills, capabilities, and knowledge employees need
- Improve our existing programs to strengthen learning outcomes
- Identify, select, and manage vendors that deliver high-impact training programs
- Create a learning environment that goes beyond classroom-style training and adopts a range of modalities
- Create strategic internal communications campaigns supporting our Learning & Organizational Development initiatives
- Maintain content on our Learning Management Systems (Continu)
- 10+ years of professional experience in private-sector Learning & Development roles
- A Bachelors or Graduate Degree in a 'human development field' (e.g., Adult Education, Organizational Development, I/O Psychology)
- Strong understanding of adult learning principles, instructional design methodologies, and training delivery techniques
- Deep familiarity with learning management systems (LMS), learning experience systems (LXPs), and e-learning platforms
- Data-driven mentality and approach to designing learning experiences that align with a broader People Team strategy and priorities of the business.
- Experience building scalable and engaging learning experiences in areas including leadership, communication, collaboration, accountability and change management.
- End-to-end learning program design and management skills including needs assessment, program management, instructional design, facilitation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with various levels of leadership and employees.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Analytical mindset to assess training effectiveness and make data-driven improvements
- Professional certifications in training and development, instructional design, or related areas
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $180,000- $195,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate's skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees on our base plans), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
insitro is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion need to be at the foundation of our culture. We bring together diverse teams–grounded in a wide array of expertise and life experiences–and work even harder to ensure those teams succeed in inclusive, growth-oriented environments supported by equitable company and team practices. All candidates can expect equitable treatment, respect, and fairness throughout the interview process.