Associate Scientist II, Arrayed Screening
The heart of insitro's strategy is the development of innovative methods in high-throughput biology and machine learning that address important bottlenecks in the drug development pipeline. To accomplish this, we are putting together a team of life scientists with expertise in gene editing and arrayed screening.
The Associate Scientist II, Arrayed Screening will report to the Associate Director of Genomic Screening and will work onsite at our South San Francisco office to help develop insitro's arrayed genetic screening platform. You will work with a team of diverse scientists and engineers to allow genetic validation and screening campaigns for a diverse portfolio of therapeutic areas including neurological and metabolic disorders. We value, creative-thinking, collaboration, and precise scientific execution. If you are someone with a desire to improve drug discovery across multiple therapeutic areas, we invite you to consider joining our team.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Develop array based genetic editing for immortalized, primary and iPSC-derived cells
- Collaborate with therapeutic teams to improve protocols for scalable arrayed genetic screens
- Participate in project teams to provide scientific/technical contributions to deliver project goals
- Maintain accurate documentation of experiments in an electronic lab notebook (ELN) and follow all laboratory training and safety requirements
- BS in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or a relevant scientific field, with at least two (2) years of high-throughput screening experience in a biotech/pharmaceutical setting
- Experience with execution of CRISPR or siRNA screening
- Experience in mammalian cell culture and molecular biology techniques (including DNA extraction, PCR, DNA sequencing)
- Hands-on experience with different automated liquid handling instrumentation
- Experience performing computational analysis for high-throughput screens
Compensation & Benefits at insitro
Our target starting salary for successful US-based applicants for this role is $90,000 - $100,000. To determine starting pay, we consider multiple job-related factors including a candidate's skills, education and experience, market demand, business needs, and internal parity. We may also adjust this range in the future based on market data.
This role is eligible for participation in our Annual Performance Bonus Plan (based on company targets by role level and annual company performance) and our Equity Incentive Plan, subject to the terms of those plans and associated policies.
In addition, insitro also provides our employees:
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
insitro is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
We believe diversity, equity, and inclusion need to be at the foundation of our culture. We work hard to bring together diverse teams–grounded in a wide range of expertise and life experiences–and work even harder to ensure those teams thrive in inclusive, growth-oriented environments supported by equitable company and team practices. All candidates can expect equitable treatment, respect, and fairness throughout the interview process.