IT Support Engineer
insitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data generation at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and delivered to patients. Information Security provides a critical foundation for our work due to our unique approach of combining high throughput biology, machine learning and software engineering for drug discovery.
Your mission will be to interface with colleagues across the entire organization to provide remarkable IT service so that insitro can can achieve this goal. You will apply your knowledge, experience, and communication skills to enhance and maintain IT services and systems crucial to our mission to help patients.
This role requires someone who is friendly, technically proficient, can multi-task, enjoys being part of a team, and thrives solving issues in a timely manner. Occasional evening and weekend work will be required. Please note that this position will be onsite in our South San Francisco office.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone passionate about therapeutic discovery and making an impact to patients!
- Collaborate cross-functionally by working closely with other colleagues from labs to software development in order to ensure seamless integration of IT solutions that meet their specific needs.
- Provide a high level of technical expertise by serving as a point of escalation for complex technical issues, guiding junior team members through troubleshooting and resolution
- Investigate the root causes of critical issues, providing insights to prevent future occurrences and improve overall system stability
- Work closely with other departments, such as software development and labs, to ensure seamless integration of IT solutions that meet their specific needs.
- Install, configure, secure, optimize and troubleshoot IT systems in a diverse environment
- Maintain accurate records of hardware and software assets, ensuring proper licensing, maintenance, and replacement as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships and evaluate performance for IT equipment, software, and services
- Coordinate technology upgrades by recommending, planning and executing changes while ensuring compatibility with existing systems to minimize disruption.
- Contribute to business continuity by aligning IT systems with overall resilience strategies
- Design and deliver new training and documentation that help elevate the skills of your colleagues across the organization so they can more effectively solve problems and do more with technology.
- Participate in on-call rotations for addressing critical IT issues
- Proactively work to improve IT experiences by identifying and implementing process improvements and automation
- Champion IT best practices by staying informed about industry trends and recommending relevant technologies
- Provide guidance and mentorship to others on the team
- You are highly motivated by, curious and passionate about information technology
- You establish trusting relationships with a high level of confidentiality across functions and levels
- You effectively communicate highly technical information to both technical and nontechnical staff
- You demonstrate a growth mindset and are open to continuous learning and self-improvement in the ever-evolving field of information technology
- You are proactive in staying up to date with technology trends and industry best practices
- You have a problem-solving mindset and are driven to find creative solutions to complex IT challenges
- You have a confident presence and are driven to get things done
- You enjoy building things and making a contribution to developing a IT program
- You have 5+ years of increasing responsibility in a similar role
Nice to Have
- Experience with working in a regulated biological, chemical lab settings
- Experience with enterprise system management and monitoring tools
- Relevant IT certifications
- Experience with automation and scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash)
- 401(k) plan with employer matching for contributions
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage (insitro pays 100% of premiums for employees), as well as mental health and well-being support
- Open, flexible vacation policy
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly budget for books and online courses for self-development
- Support to occasionally attend professional conferences that are meaningful to your career growth and development
- New hire stipend for home office setup
- Monthly cell phone & internet stipend
- Access to free onsite baristas and cafe with daily lunch and breakfast
- Access to free onsite fitness center
- Commuter benefits
insitro is a drug discovery and development company using machine learning and data generation at scale to transform the way that drugs are discovered and delivered to patients. We rely on human genetic cohorts, human-derived cellular disease models, and high-throughput biology and chemistry to identify coherent patient segments, actionable therapeutic targets, and new or existing chemical matter. The goal is to deliver predictive insights to improve the probability of success and reduce the number of costly dead ends along the R&D journey. The company has established enabling collaborations with Gilead in NASH and Bristol Myers Squibb in ALS and is building a pipeline of wholly owned and partnered medicines leveraging its unique insights on patient biomarkers, targets, and molecules. insitro is located in South San Francisco, CA and has raised over $600M from top tech, biotech, and crossover investors since formation in 2018. For more information on insitro, please visit the company’s website at www.insitro.com.